Make a new Reading Plan in Logos 8?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 75
Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:06 AM

I make a new Reading Plan each week for the weekly Torah portion, but I cannot find how to do it in Logos 8. I'm under Docs and see all of my previous Reading Plans, but see no way to simply make a new one. I googled it using site:logos.com and still can't find it. How can it be this hard? I don't have time to search for things that were easy to do a week ago, please help.

Posts 227
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:16 AM

Posts 9870
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:18 AM

Matthew:
I make a new Reading Plan each week for the weekly Torah portion, but I cannot find how to do it in Logos 8. I'm under Docs and see all of my previous Reading Plans, but see no way to simply make a new one.

This is still under Docs - you use the New button to the right:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 75
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:20 AM

I don't have a New button, my screen cuts off at Open Notes:

Posts 75
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:22 AM

Here's my set up before I hit Docs:

Posts 75
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:25 AM

Even if I close out my layout and start with an empty screen, it still cuts off the right side (which I didn't I wasn't seeing until now):

Posts 75
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:28 AM

...So I have to change Program Scaling to 80% in order to be able to see the whole menu. That's not going to work!

Posts 9870
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:31 AM

Matthew:

This may be a scaling issue. However, to get this working, try to open the Docs menu in a tab or in a floating window by right clicking:

Posts 75
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:36 AM

NB.Mick:

Matthew:

This may be a scaling issue. However, to get this working, try to open the Docs menu in a tab or in a floating window by right clicking:

Yes, looks like it is a scaling issue, but what are you doing to get the option to open it in a new window? I know you right click, but it doesn't do anything for me in the Docs menu. It does in the Library menu like always, but nothing in Docs.

Posts 9870
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:39 AM

Matthew:
Yes, looks like it is a scaling issue, but what are you doing to get the option to open it in a new window? I know you right click, but it doesn't do anything for me in the Docs menu. It does in the Library menu like always, but nothing in Docs.

Sorry, I just right-click. But I'm on Windows 10. This may be something related to your Mac OS version - or even with the mouse you are using.

Posts 75
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:45 AM

NB.Mick:

Matthew:

Sorry, I just right-click. But I'm on Windows 10. This may be something related to your Mac OS version - or even with the mouse you are using.

Yeah, I tried right clicking on the keyboard as well and it does nothing. I'm going to make a new thread for the scaling bug and the right click bug. Thanks for showing me that I wasn't seeing the whole menu!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS