Ashurbanipal (not related to Logos8 or packages or another bug)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9678
Denise | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 6 2018 6:41 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/nov/06/i-am-ashurbanipal-review-british-museum 

If you're suspicious of the timing, it's a display at the British museum during mid-winter.

Short but excellent article. For the Logosian historians, Ashurbanipal was the guy that re-settled Israel to who knows where. And Assyria (in contrast to Egypt or the Hittites) was the first to master a large working empire, while consolidating a series of Assyrian city states under a single god.

Babylon gets a lot of attention due to the excilic writings, but only lasted a short period, before the next huge empire began (Persia).

Logos has quite a bit on Assyria, if you're curious. Some affordable:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=title%3aassyria 

Posts 8626
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 10:22 AM

Interesting article and exhibit that details among other things Ashurbanipal's atrocities of war and fighting of lions.  The article describes him as "the CEO of a ruthless global enterprise." It gives a good background of that time period.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1273
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 10:44 AM

And also known for his library!

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 821
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 11:11 AM

I love the Assyrian gallery at the British Museum: it's one of the advantages of living near London! I'll certainly be going to this exhibition as they seem to have some additional material for it that's not normally on display. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS