Bible Only

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 219
Dennis Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 24 2010 7:47 AM

There may be an easy solution that I am missing but many times I would just like to open my favorite Bible version and type in a passage reference for reading. In the L4 Mac version I have not found where I need to go in the menus to do this. I know I can go to my library and find the NASB and open it but from my home page there should be an easier option to just view the bible without having to go through the passage guides or other tools. Am I missing something obvious?

Posts 5363
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 8:09 AM

Hi Dennis

In due course (by Christmas according to a suggestion in another thread) you should be able to use the command

Open

1. {Resource Name}
  2. Open {Resource Name}
  3. {Bible} to {Reference}
  4. Open {Bible} to {Reference}
  5. {Guide Name}
  6. Open {Guide Name}
  7. Open {Document Name}
  8. Open {Document Type} Named {Document Name}
  9. Open Biblical People to {Person Name}
  10. Open Biblical Places to {Place Name}
  11. Open Biblical Things to {Thing Name}

However I agree that these are hardly intuitive and that opening a bible (favourite bible) to a reference with no other complications should be basic operation.

Tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 8:10 AM

Type your reference here:

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5363
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 8:23 AM

Hi David and Dennis

My apology

I think I know what I was doing wrong - and I might have found a bug!!!

If you already have say ESV open on one window and return to the home page.

Then if you type in 'Open ESV' Logos appears to do nothing even if you type 'Open ESV to (a different reference).

Try typing Matt 1 2 in the Command Bar and then Mark 3 4

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3188
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 12:01 PM

Mike:

If you type in a reference in the command bar it will open that reference to the top prioritized Bible. I'm not quite sure why you would try to open that same bible again since it is already opened (If you do,  hit Cmd+Shift+N it will "clone" the panel you are actively in).The command you referenced works for me just fine however, if you are trying to open a different citation and are using the same bible it will just take you to that citation in the panel you were last in (provided that is the bible you had open previously).

I don't quite know what you are referencing when you said "Tr typing Matt 1 2 in the Command Bar and then Mark 3 4" Were you trying to type one, and then the other? If so is that not working for you?

Posts 5363
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 1:19 PM

Ok Tommy, let me try again.

I was sitting with my normal layout open at a passage guide in L4 one of the panels was showing the NIV.

Being easily distracted I checked the forum to see if any Americans were awake yet.

Up pops a new post about opening a bible - I know how to do that thinks I - quick switch to the Home page.

In the command bar I type Matt 1 2 and.... nothing.

So if, out of view somewhere you have your favourite bible already open in a panel  typing a reference in at the home page does not perform.

Hope this is clearer.

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS