Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2699
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 7 2018 12:46 PM

I’ve got the new iPad pro. Logos working fine. Feel free to ask anything.

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 12:54 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

May I borrow your new iPad pro?

Posts 3199
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 12:55 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Did you get the new Apple Pencil?

Posts 2699
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 12:56 PM

I did get Pencil and KB. Mike sure. Come on over. I’m in NC.

Posts 3
Jonathan Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 1:06 PM

Hey Kevin,

Congrats on your new iPad Pro. They look sweet.

I am interesting in purchasing one of these for sermon prep. Do you feel the Logos Mobile App is robust enough for sermon prep? Or do you find yourself using the web app?

Thank you!

Jon

Posts 21878
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 1:21 PM

Jonathan Miller:

I am interesting in purchasing one of these for sermon prep. Do you feel the Logos Mobile App is robust enough for sermon prep? Or do you find yourself using the web app?

If you are thinking of using Logos Sermon Docs, they are not currently editable in the Logos Mobile App

Posts 4
Jerry Rogers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 1:59 PM

Can you use logos 8 on ipad pro?

Posts 4
Jerry Rogers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 2:02 PM

Can you use logos 8 on ipad pro?  I can use logos 7 on it but I am logos 8 does not show up.

Posts 2699
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 2:04 PM

Jerry Rogers:

Can you use logos 8 on ipad pro?  I can use logos 7 on it but I am logos 8 does not show up.

You can use the logos Bible app which you find in the App Store. You cannot use the desktop app without running it on your desktop or laptop and using remote control spots like Splashtop, which I use.

Posts 27561
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 8:19 PM

Jerry Rogers:

For clarification: "Logos 7" and "Logos 8" are desktop applications which run on Windows and macOS. They do not run on mobile devices. 

The new version of the mobile app is "version 8," but it isn't "Logos 8." 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 9:41 PM

JT (alabama24):
mobile app is "version 8," but it isn't "Logos 8.

I hinted at it in the other thread ... read the names of the top three forums. I think we need to adjust our terminology - but I had more fun making the point in the other thread. :-)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2699
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 5:40 AM

I just started using the mobile app for sermon study while away form home and it’s a mess. I don’t think I had these problems on my previous iPad, but it still ran iOS 12.1 like the new Pro does. Not sure what changed.

1. My notes show no indicators in the Bible. They are there because I can open them manual from the Notes under Tools in Library tab.
  2. Selecting text is an incredible PAIN in the Behind. The pencil is no help. I can’t seem to grab the little blue pins to change from select a single word to a whole verse.
  3. Same problem with the Notes window not letting me collapse the left pane. This should be as simple as pinch out on the Note part of the window. That’s an obvious choice.
  4. I’m sure I’ll find others.

What felt like a fairly usable and stable app, now feels like a mess and I can’t believe it’s my new iPad, but that’s the only change. I may try and delete it and reinstall.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 6:44 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I just started using the mobile app for sermon study while away form home and it’s a mess. I don’t think I had these problems on my previous iPad, but it still ran iOS 12.1 like the new Pro does. Not sure what changed.

1. My notes show no indicators in the Bible. They are there because I can open them manual from the Notes under Tools in Library tab.
  2. Selecting text is an incredible PAIN in the Behind. The pencil is no help. I can’t seem to grab the little blue pins to change from select a single word to a whole verse.
  3. Same problem with the Notes window not letting me collapse the left pane. This should be as simple as pinch out on the Note part of the window. That’s an obvious choice.
  4. I’m sure I’ll find others.

What felt like a fairly usable and stable app, now feels like a mess and I can’t believe it’s my new iPad, but that’s the only change. I may try and delete it and reinstall.

Hate to tell you this, but I got the new iPad Pro as well and noticed the same thing, but rather than deleting and reinstalling, I gave it time to update everything. Eventually everything reappeared. Apparently there is more going on than just downloading and syncing the data. I noticed the same behavior in Library. The books were there, but I could not search for them right away. By reinstalling you are starting the whole process over again!

Posts 777
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 7:00 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

1. Selecting text is an incredible PAIN in the Behind. The pencil is no help. I can’t seem to grab the little blue pins to change from select a single word to a whole verse.

This is one of the main problems I have with any mobile OS, iOS or Android. As a writer and editor, iPads aren't great for this.

Posts 2699
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 10:49 AM

Bill Anderson:
This is one of the main problems I have with any mobile OS, iOS or Android. As a writer and editor, iPads aren't great for this.

I agree and wish they would let us hook up a mouse when using it with KB.

However, the Logos app is far worse in present state. It was bad before, but this time it was horrible.

I may just need to open it and leave it alone for awhile like another poster suggested.

Posts 2699
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 10:50 AM

Keith Larson:
Hate to tell you this, but I got the new iPad Pro as well and noticed the same thing, but rather than deleting and reinstalling, I gave it time to update everything. Eventually everything reappeared. Apparently there is more going on than just downloading and syncing the data.

I was working in it for about 30 minutes. So can't believe it would take longer than that. But the desktop does take hours to index on some hardware.

Posts 1
Austin Gardner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 1:29 PM

I want to be able to search my bible while on a plane and no internet. Can’t even move from one book to another

Posts 21878
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 2:05 PM

Hi Austin - and welcome to the forums

Austin Gardner:

I want to be able to search my bible while on a plane and no internet. Can’t even move from one book to another

This should work today assuming you have downloaded the book(s). If you don't know how to do that please advise

If you have downloaded them and you are still having these problems, please start a new thread in this forum outlining what is going on

Graham

Posts 58
Robert murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2018 12:28 PM

I believe I am havin the exact same problem as Austin Gardner. 

I have my bible downloaded, yet i have noticed mutliple times his week that, unless I am connected to internet, I cant read it.  I have double checked that it is selected as downloaded.

Robert

Missionary in Bolivia

--------

iMac - Macbook Air - iPad - L7 Baptist Portfolio - Logos Now

Posts 58
Robert murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2018 12:58 PM

this is what happened as I was doing my bible reading yesterday.  Then this morning I was in a meeting and couldnt look up the references I needed until I tethered to my phone.

Robert

Missionary in Bolivia

--------

iMac - Macbook Air - iPad - L7 Baptist Portfolio - Logos Now

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS