Don't Merge Exegetical Guides

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Bryce Thurston | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2018 10:01 AM

Often when I am using Logos (I'm on version 7, but had the same issue with 4) I will have multiple exegetical guides open. One is linked to a bible, various commentaries, and other resources for more extensive study. The other is just linked to a bible for quick reference. If I ever accidentally navigate to the same passage on both exegetical guides, however, the two tabs will merge into one. To get them back I will then need to either re-open and re-link a new exegetical guide tab, or else I will need to reload my layout. Is there a way to change this behavior so that exegetical guide tabs will never combine into the same tab?

Thank you.

Posts 3952
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 4:35 PM

Bryce Thurston:

Often when I am using Logos (I'm on version 7, but had the same issue with 4) I will have multiple exegetical guides open. One is linked to a bible, various commentaries, and other resources for more extensive study. The other is just linked to a bible for quick reference. If I ever accidentally navigate to the same passage on both exegetical guides, however, the two tabs will merge into one. To get them back I will then need to either re-open and re-link a new exegetical guide tab, or else I will need to reload my layout. Is there a way to change this behavior so that exegetical guide tabs will never combine into the same tab?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums. Can you provide a screen cast duplicating the behavior you describe? I tried, unsuccessfully, to duplicate what you are seeing.

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 4:41 PM

When you say "multiple" you mean multiple exegetical guides with identical names on identical passages? I don't recall that ever working as it violates how I thought the guides were identified.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3
Bryce Thurston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 8:00 PM

Initial setup with several tabs open on left and right, including two exegetical guides linked to A (1 Sam. 12) and B (Prov. 6) respectively:

When I navigate to the second tab and accidentally input the same passage on the it as on the first:

the two exegetical guides merge into one (or the first erases the second or something):

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 10:19 PM

Yes, that Is exactly what I thought was happening. The guide-name-passage must be unique. If they are the same, the program treats them as the same (single) object. Either create a template guide under a separate name or modify the passage limits slightly.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1770
LogosEmployee

Also note that this no longer happens in Logos 8.

Posts 3
Bryce Thurston | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 8:11 AM

Creating a new guide template was a good work-around. Thank you for your help!

Posts 3952
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 5:21 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Also note that this no longer happens in Logos 8.

That's why I could not reproduce it.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS