Tagging Strategy: What is your strategy?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1762
Tom | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2018 12:39 PM

Need suggestions on a strategy to organize my books!

• Do any of you tag them by the Library your bought ? Example: Logos 5 Bronze,   Reformed 7 Bronze?
  • If so what tags do you use?
  • Some times I just what to know where the book came from Big Smile 
  • Anybody tag the Free Books of the month?

Any one have a link they could share?

Thanks, Tom

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 1629
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 1:36 PM

Yes - to both 

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 1:39 PM

I've shared this before but it has been a while. I have tagged all my books in my library except for the ones I received in L8 which I'm currently working on. Below is the tagging system I use. It has taken a long time to do it with all my library but I have always considered it as part of the familiarization process with the resources I own. I highly recommend it.

8357.Original - My Tagging System for Logos.docx

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 775
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 1:40 PM

Yes, I tag the package they came from. Sadly, I haven't always done this, so my tagging is very incomplete.

Posts 2023
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 2:10 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I've shared this before but it has been a while. I have tagged all my books in my library except for the ones I received in L8 which I'm currently working on. Below is the tagging system I use. It has taken a long time to do it with all my library but I have always considered it as part of the familiarization process with the resources I own. I highly recommend it.

Nice list useful in many ways and obviously the product of experience.  Thanks. 

Posts 1762
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 2:14 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Bruce, I was looking for that link, but Logos Forum sub par search engine could not find it :) 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 2:33 PM

Bruce Dunning:

This is very similar to my style of tagging. I just started tagging a little while ago because of a video I watched with MPSeminars. I tag subjects and sub-subjects. I tag books I am reading/want to read/have read.  I now tag books as I purchase them to help with this.

I also compare what Community Tags are applied to a resource to see if there is anything I might not know about the book and wish to apply the same or similar tag for my own system.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 2:33 PM

P.S. I also try to tag at least one untagged book each day. This familiarizes me with my library and gets my tagging done methodically. 

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 4:29 PM

David Taylor Jr:

P.S. I also try to tag at least one untagged book each day. This familiarizes me with my library and gets my tagging done methodically. 

Great strategy David.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS