BUG: Library in "grouped" sorting not working right (triangle disappears)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 9 2018 1:07 PM

I have 8.1 Beta 1 (Mac), but the problem was occurring in the released version too.  It occurs when the library is sorted by a column that groups the results (type, author, series, etc). Clicking on the triangle twisty control works properly, but clicking anywhere else in the header line of a group makes the triangle twisty control disappear. 

The disappearing triangle is clearly a bug of some sort, but it seems to me that clicking anywhere in that line (not just the triangle) should open and close the group section, but it is not.  I feel like that is how it used to work in L7, but I can't be sure.

In this instance I clicked on the word "Bible" (before and after):

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 24552
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 6:01 PM

Todd Phillips:
The disappearing triangle is clearly a bug of some sort, but it seems to me that clicking anywhere in that line (not just the triangle) should open and close the group section, but it is not. 

That works in Windows, as well as clicking the icon.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 11:03 AM

Dave Hooton:

Todd Phillips:
The disappearing triangle is clearly a bug of some sort, but it seems to me that clicking anywhere in that line (not just the triangle) should open and close the group section, but it is not. 

That works in Windows, as well as clicking the icon.

I thought so.  Thanks for checking.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2018 1:25 PM

This is still a problem in the current beta.

Don't other Mac users see this problem?

Posts 2417
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2018 1:36 PM

Todd,

I've added this to a case we have.

Posts 3106
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2018 1:44 PM

Todd Phillips:
Don't other Mac users see this problem?

Not in the beta, running 8.0 SR-2 (8.0.0.0591) on macOS 10.14.1 (18B75).

Clicking elsewhere on the line does nothing for me. The triangle isn't disappearing for me, but it also doesn't toggle open/closed.

I have to specifically click on the triangle to toggle it.

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 8:34 AM

PetahChristian:

Clicking elsewhere on the line does nothing for me. The triangle isn't disappearing for me, but it also doesn't toggle open/closed.

I have to specifically click on the triangle to toggle it.

The disappearing triangle was fixed for me in a recent beta. Yes

But as PetahChristian mentions, we still have to click on the triangle to view the section.  Could we get it to work by clicking anywhere in the line?  It's especially frustrating when the window is scrolled to the right and the triangle is not visible.

Posts 1868
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 9:54 AM

Todd, did you recently switch to Mac? I don't clicking elsewhere in the header ever worked for me. If fact here is a screenshot from a spreadsheet of wishlist items and/or bugs that I created 3.5 years ago which shows this as a wishlist item.

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 3:24 PM

Reuben Helmuth:
Todd, did you recently switch to Mac?

I started using my Mac more within the past year.   Before that I did all my testing on windows.

Posts 1868
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 11:41 AM

Hopefully we can get both bugs fixed in one go!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS