Advertising (literally) for Bible Study Magazine (not L8, bug, etc)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9394
Denise | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 9 2018 4:46 PM

I'm probably the only Logosian that (a) gets a copy of Bible Study (I almost abbreviated, but thought better) for some unknown reason, and (b) only reads the advertisements (not critic'ing the articles).

But the advertisements are quite interesting.

- Fathers of the Church (the 127 vol big-boy). And who is sponsoring the space??  Why, Faithlife itself (I guess). FTC is a toughy ... market size, and price. FL has guts.

- Logos 8.   It says it's more affordable. Really?  No offense intended, but I suppose that's great news. The packages had bigger discounts? The features were cheaper? The engine was free-er than free?

- Gift Guide   Well, it is the Christmas issue. Pretty neat. I don't think Logos.com has a gift guide.  My favorite was the clothbound Bible - American Literary Version, with walnut case (no wheels, for easy Bible class use).  Now I have to check Logos.com for the ALV!

- ChristianBook.com  Yes, you read that correctly. FL is cross-selling CB. It's a prop-up for your Bible. But seems best for your iPad, preaching.  Sans the ALV of course.

- Free Book!  Apparently only for women in the ministry. But looks like a good one too.

Finally, an advert for what proposes to be a powerful weapon. Against looking at clothes-less people, probably doing bad things. What's so amazing is the stats:  68% of church-going men; 50% of pastors. Regularly view. How is that possible?  Every other pastor?  Ok, Ok, just reading the advert.

And BTW, clearly Mr Strauss needs a more complete Logos library. He left out the most nailed-down evidence for Herod's find-the-babies episode.

Anyway, get out your copy!!  

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 8:32 PM

Denise:
Finally, an advert for what proposes to be a powerful weapon. Against looking at clothes-less people, probably doing bad things. What's so amazing is the stats:  68% of church-going men; 50% of pastors. Regularly view. How is that possible?  Every other pastor?  Ok, Ok, just reading the advert.

But did you bemuse yourself trying to verify the validity of the statistics?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9394
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 8:51 PM

No, I didn't. What if it were valid? I'd really feel defeated.  I felt more comfortable thinking 'that can't be true'. But then .... FL apparently was comfortable. It's a difficult situation.

A not-conservative newspaper did an article on millenial Christians. Immediately they had a problem; no data. So, they interviewed 6. I was expecting some sort of negativity. But it was worse. The 6 described their own end-points. And their parents. I was so sad. I'd have preferred inflated data I could doubt.

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 8:53 PM

Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS