John Frame

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 15
Karl Fritz | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 10 2018 9:32 AM

Any John Frame fans interested in the 4-volume set on apologetics and theology currently on pre-pub?

I'm impatiently waiting for that red bar to turn green so I can get a little closer to having the following in my Logos library:

(1) Apologetics: A Justification of Christian Belief
(2) Cornelius Van Til: An Analysis of His Thought
(3) Speaking the Ruth in Love: The Theology of John M. Frame
(4) Theology in Three Dimensions: A Guide to Triperspectivalism and its Significance

https://www.logos.com/product/145840/the-john-frame-apologetics-and-theology-collection

Posts 455
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2018 10:33 AM

Karl Fritz:

Any John Frame fans interested in the 4-volume set on apologetics and theology currently on pre-pub?

I'm impatiently waiting for that red bar to turn green so I can get a little closer to having the following in my Logos library:

(1) Apologetics: A Justification of Christian Belief
(2) Cornelius Van Til: An Analysis of His Thought
(3) Speaking the Ruth in Love: The Theology of John M. Frame
(4) Theology in Three Dimensions: A Guide to Triperspectivalism and its Significance

https://www.logos.com/product/145840/the-john-frame-apologetics-and-theology-collection

Been in since last year even though I disagree with him in important areas. I want to read that Van Til book. The set is a lot of money but considering what they go for elsewhere it's not bad.

Posts 5634
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2018 1:44 PM

I already own the one volume I want in WS so good thing I don’t have to wait for it 👍😁👌

Posts 15
Karl Fritz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 8:46 AM

bump.

Posts 601
Posts 288
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2018 5:19 AM

I'm a self-confessed John Frame fanboy and am well on my way to completing my collection of his works. Personally, from my entirely existential perspective (!), this 4 volume does not look great.

I've not read Theology in Three Dimensions so I cannot comment authoritatively. However, if one owns any of Frame's Theology of Lordship series or have read 'A Primer of Perspectivalism' in his Collected Shorter Theological Writings then I suspect they've probably read the meat of the book already. 

(3). Might be of use, but I'd say most will likely be better off getting Collected Shorter Theological Writings and reading the stuff in the articles section and/or Theological Correspondences if they want to get a better handle of his theology more generally. 

One's interest and use of (2) will likely be tied to your interest in Val Til, and specifically, VanTillian theology. It is on my 'wish list' but not high up the list. Again, it might be of more use to simply read Frame's article on Van Till in a History of Western Theology and Philosophy.

By far the standout title is (1). Apologetics is a great book and a thoroughgoing application of presuppositionalism and multiperspectivalism to the apologetic effort. Now that the publisher/Faithlife have broken up this bundle. I suspect we'll then see Apologetics race through to release much, much quicker.

Others may see it differently, and I'd welcome their thoughts. 

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 601
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2018 5:39 AM

Liam Maguire:
By far the standout title is (1). Apologetics is a great book and a thoroughgoing application of presuppositionalism and multiperspectivalism to the apologetic effort. Now that the publisher/Faithlife have broken up this bundle. I suspect we'll then see Apologetics race through to release much, much quicker.

This one I want.  29.99 is my yes point, though.

Posts 288
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 12:04 AM

John Frame fans will be pleased to know that his collected works are part of the black Friday sale: https://www.logos.com/product/145115/john-frame-collection 

And that Apologetics is now in Pre-Pub: https://www.logos.com/product/167683/apologetics-a-justification-of-christian-belief 

Posts 540
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 7:00 AM

Liam Maguire:
I'm a self-confessed John Frame fanboy

Liam,

how can I contact you privately?

Posts 288
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 8:13 AM

Hi Michael,

Certainly, are you able to send me a message on Faithlife? If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else. 

Posts 540
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 8:18 AM

Liam Maguire:

Hi Michael,

Certainly, are you able to send me a message on Faithlife? If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else. 

I think I need step by step instructions on how to do that...

Posts 288
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 8:25 AM

No problem.

There is a step-by-step guide here: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012919211-Sending-Messages. The message icon is the one which looks like to speech bubbles, bizarrely, the guide isn't clear on that.

Posts 288
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 9:23 AM

Failing that, feel free to send me an email on lmaguire1989-AT-gmail.com. Replacing the '-AT-' with '@'

Posts 540
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 3:14 PM

Liam Maguire:

Failing that, feel free to send me an email on lmaguire1989-AT-gmail.com. Replacing the '-AT-' with '@'

Email sent.  You can delete if you wish from here.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS