Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 876
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 9:54 PM

Philip Peng:
We did work with the 台灣福音書房 to obtain the recovery version Bible and 倪柝聲全集。  We have not produced all the books from 倪柝聲全集 yet, only some of his titles are now available in Logos.

The one from 台灣福音書房 should be 倪柝聲文集. (I know, it's confusing for historical reasons.)

Sadly, it seems the progress is slow. The Recovery version doesn't seem to gather much interests. Have you try to ask them to promote this in their Church directly? It is uncommon to obtain the Recovery Version (both Chinese and English) in digital form (they used to sell their own "PDA" kind of thing just for reading their Bibles and books.) And then the majority of people who reads the Recovery version is really those from the "Local Churches". So promoting from within their church and ask them to create a Faithlife account to pre-order would makes the "progress bar" grow much faster. Alternatively, you guys might just skip the whole pre-pub process for this particular Bible. I am quite confident many brothers and sisters from their church would sign up and buy just for that resources. If you feel like it you can even create an app like the "Faithlife Study Bible", partnered with their Living Stream Ministry, for the recovery versions and their resources (e.g. 生命讀經.)

P.S. I'm not from local churches but have met with them briefly on campus. Also, the conferences I referred to are in west coast of the US. It would be a hard sell to let them set a Logos booth though if the majority of Logos' Chinese offering doesn't include their works (like 陳希曾/江守道)

Posts 277
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 12:02 PM

Hi, Kolen,

Thank you for the clarification and suggestions.  I know that 台灣福音書房 is selling their books on the Apple ibook store but I can check with them to see if they can promote our software within their churches.  I hope we can produce this Bible soon.

Thank you for letting me know about the conferences.  Ok.  I understand.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Philip

Posts 1
Sebastian Ma | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 9:01 PM

Kolen is very correct that the two different version cannot be simply translated character by character.  I preach in both Mandarin and Cantonese, and if there were two versions, I would be paying for two licences to prepare my sermons.  I appreciate the convenience of having both versions in one licence.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS