MacBook Air 2018 & Logos

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Luke Dahlenburg | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:17 PM

Interested to know if anyone has the 2018 MacBook Air and how they have found it using Logos. Thinking of getting one soon and would love to know how you go performance wise. Currently have an early 2011 MacBook Pro - on my current machine, I struggle to have more than about 10 tabs open at once and can’t link more than 2 resources together without terrible lag. 

Thanks all.

Posts 40
Bmickey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 1:21 AM

It will work great! No matter what computer you choose get a solid state drive. It makes all the difference. In fact, I put one in my iMac All-in-one from 2009 and it does fine with as well. Also put one in my MacBook from 2010 and it isn’t as fast as my new MacBook (2017) but it sped up considerably. 

Get ssd no matter what else you do. I use Logos 7. Haven’t upgraded yet.
Posts 3
Luke Dahlenburg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 1:45 AM

Thanks, I put a SSD in the current MacBook Pro and was happy with it - it’s an older drive and there are other issues with the computer too, hence performance is quite dicey. 

Id be interested to know if anyone has got one and is using it to see what they say. My biggest concern is the CPU - the MacBook Air has a i5Y - which is essentially the new core m and my current macbook is an i7. Albeit it’s from 2011, and I’m sure the current 8th gen is faster and more energy efficient, etc. But I’m not set on the air over the wntey level Pro. Price is the biggest factor for me and I’d like to to last as long as possible.

Posts 17909
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 4:28 PM

Luke Dahlenburg:
My biggest concern is the CPU - the MacBook Air has a i5Y - which is essentially the new core m and my current macbook is an i7.

Welcome Big Smile

Geekbench has CPU Benchmarks for Mac => https://browser.geekbench.com/mac-benchmarks

MacBook Air (Late 2018) with i5-8210Y CPU @ 1.6 GHZ has a benchmark of 3973, which is 55 % faster than 2567 for a MacBook Air (13" mid 2011) with i7-2677M @ 1.8 GHz.

The mid 2017 MacBook with i7-7Y75 @ 1.4 GHz has a benchmark of 3927. The mid 2017 MacBook with i5-7Y54 @ 1.3 GHz has a benchmark of 3629.

Apple offers refurbished Mac models => https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/mac (same warranty as new with discounted price)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Luke Dahlenburg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 5:13 PM

Brilliant! Thanks! Exactly what I was after. seems the Air would certainly give the right performance for the right price  Logos is the most intense program I use these days  

Im leaning towards a purchase around Christmas; I’ll post back here if no one else does to share how the performance is. 

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 6:06 PM

Luke Dahlenburg:
I’ll post back here if no one else does to share how the performance is. 

Yes I'm sure others will appreciate it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2
johnny nieves | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 6:26 PM

any info on the new macbook air?

Posts 6327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2019 8:43 AM

johnny nieves:

any info on the new macbook air?

Unless he went on to his reward 😂😂😂 I think he probably forgot to report back 😜😁

Posts 1
Luke Dahlenburg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2019 7:40 PM

Nah, haven't forgotten! Just don't have the funds to purchase it yet. However, I'd recommend the link posted by Deacon Steve. That seems like a good benchmark of what to expect.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS