Thoughts on NT101 and OT101?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2105
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 17 2018 11:00 AM

The BF discount is excellent, and the courses will most likely never again be available at this price.

However, it seems to me that they are both super basic.

Did anyone get them and can share an opinion?

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 6059
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 11:27 AM

Too expensive for a 4 hour course. So yeah at $20’s or $30’s is ok — you’d have nothing to lose, I guess. And no, can’t really comment on them but the table of contents makes it too basic for my taste.

DAL

Posts 2007
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 11:31 AM

Same question here. 

Posts 172
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 11:56 AM

I own them both and have completed them multiple times. They are very basic, like a survey on the Old and New Testaments and the content almost mirrors my survey classes in college. It's the first course in the certificate programs for each at the foundation level. That should tell you how basic they are. They are the foundations, but still very basic. Recently, they added the activities book to these courses.

Posts 2105
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 12:33 PM

Matt Hamrick:

I own them both and have completed them multiple times. They are very basic, like a survey on the Old and New Testaments and the content almost mirrors my survey classes in college. It's the first course in the certificate programs for each at the foundation level. That should tell you how basic they are. They are the foundations, but still very basic. Recently, they added the activities book to these courses.

Thanks! Very helpful. I'll save my Logos credits to buy more BPs then (either once there's a 25% off promotion, or I need the included books, whatever comes first).

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 948
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 2:01 PM

DAL:

Too expensive for a 4 hour course. So yeah at $20’s or $30’s is ok...

They're both 6 hour courses so I think $22.99 is quite reasonable but the original price is definitely high.

Posts 1328
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 3:29 PM

Jan Krohn:

The BF discount is excellent, and the courses will most likely never again be available at this price.

However, it seems to me that they are both super basic.

Did anyone get them and can share an opinion?

I picked them both up.  I haven't gone through them yet so I can't share an opinion, but I will share my logic.

I expect them to both be very basic--more of a survey course as Matt noted.  I bought them for three reasons.

1. I think it's sometimes easy to miss the forest for the trees and a survey course can help resolve that.  As Matt noted, they can also be good for relatively quick and easy review.
  2. I'm building a library that I want to pass along and I'd be delighted if the recipient was a young/younger/youngish person who might benefit from such courses early in his/her walk with the Lord.
  3. I seriously doubt I'll have much chance of picking them up for less unless they happen to be included in a future base package.
Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 4:43 PM

There are many basic courses like this for free all over the internet, depending on your flavor.  Buy something else on sale, not these courses. 

Posts 2007
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 10:40 PM

Everett Headley:

There are many basic courses like this for free all over the internet, depending on your flavor.  Buy something else on sale, not these courses. 

Not quite.  These courses are curated and linked for your Logos library.  That to me is worth a lot.  I haven't seen how good these specific courses are though. hat interests me more than the actual video content.

Posts 2007
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2018 10:41 PM

Everett Headley:

Not quite.  These courses are curated and linked for your Logos library.  That to me is worth a lot.  I haven't seen how good these specific courses are though. That interests me more than the actual video content.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS