How to Cancel Faithlife Connect and Downgrade to Logos 7

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 118
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 18 2018 10:43 PM

After testing the waters of Logos 8 for a bit using the trial of Faithlife Connect, I realize how much I need certain note features that are slated to be added soon. In the meantime, I need to downgrade to Logos 7 again. I do not see an option to actually cancel the Faithlife Connect subscription or to downgrade. How do I do this?

Posts 22353
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 11:26 PM

Jonathan Ray:
or to downgrade

While it is technically possible to downgrade - it would involve completely deleting your current installation and downloading Logos 7 among other things - it isn't recommended by Faithlife.

Are you aware you can switch back to using the Logos 7 notes system while running Logos 8 using the command "set prefer notes tool to no"?

Does this help at all?

Posts 118
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 11:39 PM

Graham Criddle:

While it is technically possible to downgrade - it would involve completely deleting your current installation and downloading Logos 7 among other things - it isn't recommended by Faithlife.

Are you aware you can switch back to using the Logos 7 notes system while running Logos 8 using the command "set prefer notes tool to no"?

I ran the command, but no change took place, even after restarting Logos. The bigger problem I just noticed is that one or two of my Notes documents from L7 are missing entirely. It was a Notes document I used earlier today before upgrading, and I sure did not delete it myself. I've contacted Logos' tech support to see if they can sort out the issue. 

Posts 22353
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 11:56 PM

Jonathan Ray:
I ran the command, but no change took place, even after restarting Logos

That's very strange - you mean you don't see Notes Documents in the Docs menu after issuing the command?

Jonathan Ray:
The bigger problem I just noticed is that one or two of my Notes documents from L7 are missing entirely.

That's very worrying. Can you see the notes documents at documents.logos.com?

Posts 118
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2018 12:13 AM

Graham Criddle:

Jonathan Ray:
I ran the command, but no change took place, even after restarting Logos

That's very strange - you mean you don't see Notes Documents in the Docs menu after issuing the command?

Ah, they are showing up now! For some reason, there was a lag time even after restarting Logos several times. They are now showing up in the Docs pull-down menu, and I am able to export and print like i needed to. Thank you for that.

Graham Criddle:

Jonathan Ray:
The bigger problem I just noticed is that one or two of my Notes documents from L7 are missing entirely.

That's very worrying. Can you see the notes documents at documents.logos.com?

It is super odd. When I ran the command that you supplied me, my missing Notes documents reappeared in the Docs menu. However, these same Notes docs were not and are not showing up as Notebooks, nor do they appear at documents.logos.com. I am in the process of saving these documents as physical Word files in case anything worse happens. I count around 5 or 6 documents that were affected in the upgrade. 

Posts 22353
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2018 12:27 AM

Jonathan Ray:
They are now showing up in the Docs pull-down menu, and I am able to export and print like i needed to. Thank you for that.

That's good news.

Jonathan Ray:
When I ran the command that you supplied me, my missing Notes documents reappeared in the Docs menu.

That's good

Jonathan Ray:
However, these same Notes docs were not and are not showing up as Notebooks, nor do they appear at documents.logos.com

Both of those things are very strange - background sync from Notes Documents to Notes Notebooks should happen in the background.

Hopefully someone from Faithlife can comment further.

Posts 18106
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2018 11:16 AM

Jonathan Ray:
I do not see an option to actually cancel the Faithlife Connect subscription

Suggest contacting Faithlife Customer Service => https://www.logos.com/contact

Jonathan Ray:
... or to downgrade.

if have adequate storage space, one option is purchasing Verbum Basic => https://verbum.com/products/136168/verbum-basic followed by using download links from order. Logos & Verbum can used in parallel (using the same OR different Faithlife accounts). Hence open option is running Logos 8 with Verbum 7.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 118
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2018 1:55 PM

Graham Criddle:

Both of those things are very strange - background sync from Notes Documents to Notes Notebooks should happen in the background.

Agreed.

Graham Criddle:
Hopefully someone from Faithlife can comment further.

The customer service email I just received said that due to the high volume of customer support emails, it will be 4-5 days before they can get back to me on this issue. I'd really like to simply revert back to L7 until some of these wrinkles are ironed out. Other than, "This is not recommended," does anyone know the steps to downgrade?

Posts 47
Willy Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 10:58 AM

Jonathan Ray:

I'd really like to simply revert back to L7 until some of these wrinkles are ironed out. Other than, "This is not recommended," does anyone know the steps to downgrade?

I am curious about this as well.  It has been asked several times on the forum but I haven't seen a definite answer on exactly how to do this.  Is there a way to reinstall 7 on our own or does it involve contacting Faithlife to "block" the upgrade?  Can anyone tell us for sure?

Posts 10390
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 11:34 AM

willy arnold:

Jonathan Ray:

I'd really like to simply revert back to L7 until some of these wrinkles are ironed out. Other than, "This is not recommended," does anyone know the steps to downgrade?

I am curious about this as well.  It has been asked several times on the forum but I haven't seen a definite answer on exactly how to do this.  Is there a way to reinstall 7 on our own or does it involve contacting Faithlife to "block" the upgrade?  Can anyone tell us for sure?

I answered in the other thread.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 118
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 11:47 AM

NB.Mick:

Can you provide a link to which thread you are talking about? FL has still not gotten back to me.

Posts 1440
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 11:56 AM

Jonathan Ray:

NB.Mick:

Can you provide a link to which thread you are talking about? FL has still not gotten back to me.

Perhaps this is the link you're looking for.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/175526.aspx?PageIndex=1 

Posts 118
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 12:56 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

Perhaps this is the link you're looking for.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/175526.aspx?PageIndex=1 

Thank you! I am downloading Verbum 7 now to run it in parallel with Logos 8. I would still like a customer service rep to contact me about how to downgrade to Logos 7 without needing to do this. I understand with Thanksgiving this week, I will probably need to wait till next week, and that's okay.

Posts 47
Willy Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2018 1:36 PM

Jonathan, I made a quick guide in the other thread of what worked for me from all the info that Mick and the others provided.  You can see it here. 

Posts 18106
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2018 9:05 PM

Jonathan Ray:
... about how to downgrade to Logos 7 ...

Logos and Verbum have application release #'s: when launched, the FL application checks your database release #. If FL application release # is less than your database release #, then FL application crashes to prevent damage to your database files. If FL application release # is greater (newer) than your database files, then your database release # is updated along with database schema change(s).

Logos Wiki => Logos 8 Beta Program includes 

Question about downgrading from Beta to Stable also applies to downgrading from Logos 8 to Logos 7 (complete uninstall of newer application followed by installing older application). Alternative is running Logos & Verbum in parallel with different releases.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 118
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2018 12:35 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Question about downgrading from Beta to Stable also applies to downgrading from Logos 8 to Logos 7 (complete uninstall of newer application followed by installing older application). Alternative is running Logos & Verbum in parallel with different releases.

I tried a complete uninstall of Logos 8 and reinstall of Logos 7, and it did not solve the problem. I'm currently running Logos 8 and Verbum 7 in parallel until FL customer service or tech support gets back to me.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS