BUG: either context menu or Help file is "wrong"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25963
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 20 2018 12:03 AM

So I am trying various options in the Ancient Literature Guide ... and I get to the Context Menu part ... and I find "Visual Copy" which opens the Media Tool to an unfamiliar window (I don't use Visual Copy) ... so I open Verbum Help to Visual Copy ...

Why does the Context Menu still tell me that it will take me to a feature that last existed in L6? I'm using L8!! Having the right name matters when it comes to finding documentation and training.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 21530
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 12:45 AM

MJ. Smith:
Why does the Context Menu still tell me that it will take me to a feature that last existed in L6? I'm using L8!! Having the right name matters when it comes to finding documentation and training.

I agree the section in the helpfile could do with some rewording!

There used to be a Visual Copy Tool and this was replaced in Logos 7 with the Media Tool (you'll see there's a section on the helpfile for that as well).

But the decision was taken to keep the term "Visual Copy" in the context menu as it more clearly refers to what is going on - otherwise it would be something like "Invoke Media Tool" (I'm making that up!)

It would be useful if the helpfile referenced this in some way.

Posts 319
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 8:52 AM

Graham Criddle:
But the decision was taken to keep the term "Visual Copy" in the context menu as it more clearly refers to what is going on - otherwise it would be something like "Invoke Media Tool" (I'm making that up!)

Right; "Visual Copy" is an action (like copy, look up), which is done in the Media tool. Part of the reason for that decision in Logos 7 was to maintain consistency with Logos 6; but now that "Send to Canvas" is new option, perhaps it would be a good idea to standardize with something like "Send to Media."

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 21530
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 9:05 AM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
but now that "Send to Canvas" is new option, perhaps it would be a good idea to standardize with something like "Send to Media."

That would work well.

Posts 25963
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2018 11:55 AM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
perhaps it would be a good idea to standardize with something like "Send to Media."

I like that better than what I was going to suggest.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS