Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Graceman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 26 2010 6:55 PM | Locked

I copied a phrase from the NKJV and pasted into a search tab.The phrase had word "LORD" (in small caps) in it. Logos pasted the phrase, "the word of the LORD came" from 1 Kgs 18:1 into the search box. 

[“And it came to pass after many days that the word of the Lord (small caps here) came to Elijah, in the third year, saying, “Go, present yourself to Ahab, and I will send rain on the earth.” ”] (1 Kings 18:1, NKJV).

The search yielded no results. It was not until I removed the small caps from the word LORD that proper results came.

It has been reported that there is trouble exporting the small capped word for "LORD" to other programs, but it seems this is a problem within Logos 4 as well.

Pastor Chris McFarland

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 7:10 PM | Locked

It works fine for me when "match case" is turned off.  When match case is on, I get zero results.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 7:25 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:
It works fine for me when "match case" is turned off.  When match case is on, I get zero results.

Same here. I did wonder why with "match case" turned on it does not return any results. Is it because there is both lower and upper case in the phrase? 

Posts 433
Vincent Setterholm | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 7:31 PM | Locked

Lord uses small caps, which is a formatting tag much the same as italics or bold. So the characters in the text are 'Lord', not 'LORD'.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS