german bible and wordbook

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 113
Ole Madsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 27 2018 6:10 AM

is it possible to look up a german word as it is now in logos 8 and see the translation of it in english to the far right side of logos?

Posts 17957
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 4:00 PM

Linking Lexicons provides an alternative so can click on a German word in Die Bibel that causes lemma location change in linked lexicons:

Some Lexicons are available auf Deutsch und English (so can compare Lexicon translations).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 113
Ole Madsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 8:20 PM

thanks but it is not a grk/heb lexicon I need, just a translation of the german

Posts 26511
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 9:47 PM

Ole Madsen:

thanks but it is not a grk/heb lexicon I need, just a translation of the german

It depends on the prioritization of a german-english dictionary.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 113
Ole Madsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 9:52 PM

ok, thanks

Posts 17957
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2018 10:05 AM

MJ. Smith:
It depends on the prioritization of a german-english dictionary.

My library lacks a German-English Dictionary; found pre-pub => Heath's German and English Dictionary (2 vols.) that needs many more bids.

Hence, one alternate for me is using original language lexicons with the same authors for German & English insights. Some Deutsch Bibles have Reverse Interlinears so another alternate is visual filter highlighting of original language with Propositional Outlines

Third alternative is using Corresponding words: e.g. clicked on kundwerden to highlight several corresponding words

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 113
Ole Madsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2018 10:33 AM

thanks

Posts 603
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2018 12:43 PM

In addition to MJ's  options, here is a Logos resource: https://www.logos.com/product/166479/modern-theological-german-dictionary

Double clicking a word in a German Bible will bring up a Dictionary entry IF the word is a lemma. Otherwise, you can type the lemma into the Dictionary search box. But, for instance, you will need to be able to identify German infinitives, participles, etc.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS