Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6218
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 27 2018 6:24 AM

New upgrades here: https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=Logos+8+Academic+ 

DAL

Posts 10032
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 7:32 AM

I guess I'm too academic-ish. I had to go up to Professional before finding something worth not buying ... old ICCs for $360.

It's funny the juxtaposition of Piper saying 'we're not professionals' (his book) and Logos with a package just for Piper's professionals.  The package content certainly isn't for professional professionals.

Posts 2787
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 8:20 AM

Denise:
The package content certainly isn't for professional professionals.

So are you more of an amateur professional, or a professional amateur?

Big Smile

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 10032
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 9:14 AM

Doc B:

Denise:
The package content certainly isn't for professional professionals.

So are you more of an amateur professional, or a professional amateur?

Big Smile

I think much closer to amateur amateur. Stick out tongue

Posts 139
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 12:41 PM

Nice packages! Thanks for the sharing the news!

Is there an esay way to compare these new packages?

Posts 3161
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 1:29 PM

Manuel Maria:

Is there an esay way to compare these new packages?

Not yet, but it's been requested.

Posts 6218
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 3:12 PM

Unfortunately, the top Academic package is in the $40’s for me, but with no resources that catch my attention 🙂

Posts 3007
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 3:35 PM

Perhaps this is when I should reiterate an old request of mine for BPs that have, well, everything normal BPs have except most of the stuff in these Academic ones.

Posts 1003
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 4:32 PM

SineNomine:

Perhaps this is when I should reiterate an old request of mine for BPs that have, well, everything normal BPs have except most of the stuff in these Academic ones.

In theory, at least, it seems like offering "academic" packages targeting users who want to focus on original language research would make it easier for FaithLife to take those resources out of the "regular" base packages.  To do that, though, they would need to be available to everyone - and not just individuals who currently qualify for an academic discount.

Posts 2181
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 4:41 PM

EastTN,

From what I understand they are available to everyone.

Posts 776
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 5:44 PM

I'm pleased with these packages, especially the "Professional". However, I wish it had been available when I made my first L8 upgrade purchase to get that extra discount. Indeed, I would've added this in a heartbeat since it has one resource (one that I've wishlisted) that, by itself, lists for much more than what I will have to pay for the whole package.

It certainly has some stuff I'd never expect to see in an "academic" package, and certainly will exacerbate library redundancies for me (how many Homeric Greek grammars do I need?). Even so, there are some quality resources for a generous price.

Posts 3161
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 5:52 PM

John Fidel:
From what I understand they are available to everyone.

John is correct. I had checked with FL before ordering and was told that anyone can purchase these packages.

Posts 26104
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 6:33 PM

Lew Worthington:
However, I wish it had been available when I made my first L8 upgrade purchase

Talk to FL and see if they might make it right for you

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 7:07 PM

MJ. Smith:

Lew Worthington:
However, I wish it had been available when I made my first L8 upgrade purchase

Talk to FL and see if they might make it right for you

If your Logos 8 purchase is under 30 days and they deny your discount, return it all and re-purchase at 25% off. 

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2018 7:49 AM

I'm so thrilled with these - I honestly thought there was a mistake because the prices worked out so incredibly well for me - that maybe it was academic pricing and that they forgot to close it off to non-academic users.

They're really, really wonderful packages.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2018 6:53 PM

They took a Bible out of the Professional one. I think my price went down (now $15.14), but not sure  . . .
Ah, looking at Mark Barnes post the  New Jerusalem Bible is now missing, perhaps because of the region restriction.

Posts 975
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2018 10:00 PM

The Professional just went up for me, from 77.91 to 78.04. Perhaps because I already own the NJB and now it's been removed. I guess it was worth 13 cents in credit toward the package ;-)

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS