Too Many resources released the week before Christmas!

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 499
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 5 2018 1:17 PM

New International Commentary on the New Testament: The Letter to the Galatians

$30

The Letter to the Romans, Second Edition

$65

An Exegetical Summary Upgrade (2 vols.)

$40

All the week before Christmas and then

Roman Biographers Collection (12 vols.)

$17

the week after Christmas. We have families. I know that Logos is trying to pad its year end numbers releasing all this, but i just upgraded to Logos 8, and there is no way i can afford all these resources the week before Christmas. This makes me feel very un-Christmassy, if not outright angry to have to cancel these resources, when i really do want all of them, but i also like being married and having a family.

John

Posts 5554
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 1:46 PM

John Kaess:
...there is no way i can afford all these resources the week before Christmas. This makes me feel very un-Christmassy, if not outright angry to have to cancel these resources, when i really do want all of them, but i also like being married and having a family.

You could set up a payment plan with Logos. I've done this in the past when I ran out of my book budget for the year and wanted some of it to carry over to the next. 

Just a thought.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 499
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 2:36 PM

You can not set up a payment plan for pre-pubs.

Posts 5747
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 4:07 PM

John Kaess:

You can not set up a payment plan for pre-pubs.

You’d be surprise at some exceptions, but is not guaranteed 🙂 So far, I only have 2 prepubs. I canceled most, since I got plenty with Logos 8 Upgrades and November’s awesome sale 👍😁👌 The rest can wait.

DAL

Posts 2568
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 6:23 PM

For some people, it's too much. For others, it's Christmas presents. For me, nothing I have on Pre-pub is coming out before Christmas (that I know of). I suggest trying customer service for a payment plan.

Posts 582
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 12:15 AM

Hi John,

I had noticed this too with both the Pillar NTC Timothy, Titus and Christianity Today 1956-2016 also being released in the next few days. For me this means not being able to buy a commentary set that is on discount this month through the Christmas specials. I think it would be nice if Logos could put some sort of estimated completion date or something like that, but, then again, with all the problems going on in the world, this isn't one of those that keeps me up at night. 

Now, if I could just figure out how to get the two new ZECNT commentaries on to pre-pub Confused

Posts 656
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:02 AM

Ryan:

Now, if I could just figure out how to get the two new ZECNT commentaries on to pre-pub Confused

Please, please, please! Back in April I asked about the1 Corinthians volume and was told "We’re just waiting on some paperwork. Hopefully it will be up soon." The paperwork is obviously taking a long time.

Posts 23
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:19 AM

Not to mention the Teach the Text upgrade ($135)

https://www.logos.com/product/155708/teach-the-text-collection-upgrade 

and the Belief Commentary upgrade ($200)

https://www.logos.com/product/149563/belief-a-theological-commentary-on-the-bible-upgrade 

I had 5 pre-pubs coming out within a week of each other and these two were too high. I wish there was a better system, especially with items that are over $100. I'd be more than happy to put them on a payment plan, but I have called many times in the past to do this and have only had luck once. 

I wonder if it would be better to allow people (who are in good standing with past or current payment plans) to put up to $300-500 (just an example) worth of pre-pubs on their plan. Then they could only add new ones once any previous pre-pubs on the plan had been fully paid.

I really want these resources, but being this close to Christmas, only having 2-3 weeks to prepare, and being 1 day apart I simply can't do it.

Posts 582
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:27 AM

Anthony, 

I thought I had found a "workaround" with the payment plans by using the Logos book cache program (https://www.logos.com/book-cache). I was using it as a sort of "pre-payment plan" since you can use the amount you cache for pre-pubs. However, Logos 8 came and there were some great Black Friday deals that just obliterated my balance. Normally, my cache would cover the pre-pubs and soften the surprise, but there are just too many coming out in December. Hopefully I can save up enough again before March Madness starts.

Posts 233
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:34 AM

Yeah, I had to cancel two of my PrePubs...there were just too many coming out and something had to go, unfortunately.

Posts 23
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:38 AM

Ryan:

Anthony, 

I thought I had found a "workaround" with the payment plans by using the Logos book cache program (https://www.logos.com/book-cache). I was using it as a sort of "pre-payment plan" since you can use the amount you cache for pre-pubs. However, Logos 8 came and there were some great Black Friday deals that just obliterated my balance. Normally, my cache would cover the pre-pubs and soften the surprise, but there are just too many coming out in December. Hopefully I can save up enough again before March Madness starts.

True, book cache is the best workaround but Logos 8 happened, Black Friday, and now Christmas. You're right: there are too many resources coming out in December. I had no pre-pubs that were published for about 6-7 months (I have 20 pre-pubs and 6 are still 'gathering interest') and now 5 of them are releasing so close to each other and 2 of them are the most expensive on my list. 

Posts 23
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:38 AM

Ryan:

Anthony, 

True, book cache is the best workaround but Logos 8 happened, Black Friday, and now Christmas. You're right: there are too many resources coming out in December. I had no pre-pubs that were published for about 6-7 months (I have 20 pre-pubs and 6 are still 'gathering interest') and now 5 of them are releasing so close to each other and 2 of them are the most expensive on my list. 

Posts 367
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 8:55 AM

Me too. I had to cancel a few prepubs. Just too much of a good thing. lol

Posts 562
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 10:07 AM

Yes, Nov. & a few in Dec. were great sales. My budget got wiped out in Nov. and I had to borrow from another rainy day fund to purchase a few in Dec. I'll have to pay that back in Jan. with an IRA distribution. PP are great if you manage them well. I'm committed to paying mine off in July, oh happy day.Big Smile

Posts 562
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 10:26 AM

I just checked and I have 15 pre-pubs coming out between Dec. 17 - 31. Something will have to go!SadCrying

Posts 5140
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 11:42 AM

Anthony Sims:

This one is the big one for me.... a lot of smaller ones still add up but several small ones and this it leads to big decisions...

-dan

Posts 562
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2018 12:10 PM

Dan Francis:

Anthony Sims:

This one is the big one for me.... a lot of smaller ones still add up but several small ones and this it leads to big decisions...

-dan

Yes, that's a good one, especially if you have the previous bundle. I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass as my total pre-pub before 1-1-2019 is well over $1,000, including 2 ME that I'd really like to have.Sad Decisions, decisions, what a great blessing.

Posts 565
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 12:12 PM

I got really worried when I first saw this thread, then I saw this thread:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/176487.aspx 

Some of what I thought were my pre-pubs were included in my Logos 8 upgrade, but they still show up as pre-pubs. So if you've upgraded to 8, you might want to check this.

Posts 499
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 12:18 PM

Pam,

Thanks for the link to the other thread. I found this url in the thread which will search all pre-pubs and show those you already own. This is a great link.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Pre-Pub&start=0&sort=newest&pageSize=60&unlocked=yes

However, i had already deleted several of those pre-pubs after i purchased the Logos 8 upgrade, so those 4 resources i listed in the first post are all resources i do not own. I'm still trying to decide which ones i'm going to have to pass on. I really, truly want all of them.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS