Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 29 2018 8:36 AM

Lee:

Ergo, no need for this dictionary? Devil

For the 28.

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:44 AM

DAL:

Michael S.:

Sadly, I had to cancel my order last minute...

Financial reasons only...

Glad many got it though at a good price.

A good word of advice, Michael S., and I’m sure others can attest to this —-> Logos can be highly addictive! So it’s good that you’re forcing yourself to exercise self control.  It doesn’t matter how bad you think you want something it can always wait.  It doesn’t matter if others are talking about how good a resource is don‘t buy it on impulse if you can’t afford it yet.   You’ve lived without it before you can manage to live without it today.  

I know it’s tough at times but, hey, it is what it is.   Continue exercising self-control and you will definitely avoid getting yourself into unnecessary financial hardships and you will definitely avoid having your wife hitting you with the skillet 🍳 on the top of your head 👍😁👌

DAL

Thank you for the understanding.  It is really sad for me this year- so many great deals on Black Friday and Christmas that I had to miss out on.  Had to return v8, and oh the speed is gone (along with canvas and the rest).  I also had to cancel my prepub for the OT course you are anticipating today ($100 was a steal of a deal!)... but like you said I dont "NEED" it right now.  So, I am dealing the best I can.  Mostly by not shopping the deals.  If I dont know there is a deal, I wont miss it.  Hopefully v9 I will be set to take advantage.

Thank you and Denise and Bruce for your sympathies to my plight.

Praying everyone has a blessed new year, may you grow closer to the Lord and walk worthy of his high calling.

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 6:18 AM

Michael S.:

Michael, I admire that you made a wise financial decision, especially in a day and age when people so easily go into more and more debt by purchasing on credit. The pain of financial discipline is far superior to the pain of future regret. May the Lord provide you with a prosperous 2019.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 8:25 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Michael S.:

Michael, I admire that you made a wise financial decision, especially in a day and age when people so easily go into more and more debt by purchasing on credit. The pain of financial discipline is far superior to the pain of future regret. May the Lord provide you with a prosperous 2019.

Michael, I realize this doesn't help, but for whatever reason, we've been un-consuming the last few months. After the pre-L8 library sales, we've been pretty much in the desert ... skipped L8 sales, Christmas, etc. Not a money issue, just suspect harder times ahead (inflated market, stumbling commerce, unsettled populations, etc). I think your wise actions reflect good character .... just guessing!

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 10:09 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Mine just download and indexed. I'm excited to explore it now!

Glad I participated in the prepub before the price doubled!

Bruce, check out 'Zeus'.  Especially the varients, and the relation to 'heaven'. 

Just being a chatty Kathy, but I'm (VERY slowly) making my way through Smith's Priestly Vision of Genesis 1 (Kindle) ... Gen 1:1. Will have to look closer. "Heavens and the earth".

Ok, I better shut up. Zuthos. Associated with Egypt and beer. Herodotus says no wine in Egypt ... beer (some argument). Now, I'll have to see where the barley came from ... Canaan? Sounds very southern Judah-ish.

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 10:58 AM

Denise:
check out 'Zeus'.  Especially the varients, and the relation to 'heaven'. 

I had no idea that Zeus was connected to beer and brewing. Strange etymology indeed. Let me know when you discover the origins of barley.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1420
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 11:09 AM

I tried to check the word  γινομαι - and surprise, it is not in this dictionary when I use the Bible Word Study.

But it is there, under γίγνομαι. I found it using the ordinary text search.

Mostly Logos is excellent in the links and searches, but sometimes some detective work is needed. Actually I like it, but in long run it is probably good to fix those cases, although that might be a major effort.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 11:28 AM
Veli Voipio:

I tried to check the word  γινομαι - and surprise, it is not in this dictionary when I use the Bible Word Study.

Mostly Logos is excellent in the links and searches, but sometimes some detective work is needed. Actually I like it, but in long run it is probably good to fix those cases, although that might be a major effort.

Yep ... also doesn't link to itself or much else. Looks like technical books aren't likely in Logos' future. Tov's still missing?

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 11:45 AM

Denise:
Veli Voipio:

Yep ... also doesn't link to itself or much else. Looks like technical books aren't likely in Logos' future. Tov's still missing?

It looks like Faithlife still has some work to do on this.

Posts 945
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 11:53 AM

Veli Voipio:

Bruce Dunning:
Well, I am finally convinced. I loved understanding the origins of words and love to study Greek so that's why I'm interested in this. I have placed my order as I doubt it will ever be less money in the future.

Well, I finally made the same decision ( in the last hours ).

Wow!  Totally missed this one.  Pre-pub?  Community pricing?

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 3:11 PM

Deacon Steve:
Wow!  Totally missed this one.  Pre-pub?  Community pricing?

It was a pre-pub offer.

Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS