Printing a Canvas

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 91
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 7 2018 8:50 AM

Is it possible to print a canvas, like one can print other documents? I see that I can export it as a png and then I could print that image from a word file, but that is clunky and doesn't really work with the outline that I made in the canvas.

Posts 1737
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 10:02 AM

Currently, export as PNG and printing the graphic is all I have been able to do since L8 released.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 49
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 11:11 AM

I have tried printing a canvas in the beginning, but the png export did not print well. Not worth all the effort until you can print a clear and readable canvas.

Posts 108
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 12:19 PM

DanC, for a higher quality export, and therefore print, you'll need to increase the 'zoom' value. For approx. 600dpi a 625% 'zoom' works. However the zoom increases dimensions rather than resolution, so you'll need to adjust the resolution in a graphics program or scale the picture to the correct size if placed in Word or PowerPoint etc. There is hope though, on the PC a Ctrl+p command does bring up a print dialogue screen. However pressing print doesn't seem to do anything... yet. A direct export to PDF (maintaining the original vector info) would be ideal for a future update though.

Posts 2040
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 3:44 PM

Until this is implemented in Logos Desktop, try opening your Canvas and printing from the Logos Web App. 

https://app.logos.com

Posts 112
Raphael H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2018 8:29 PM

Yes, I have to agree with that!

Canvas has to be improved.

No direct printing, better export --> more files (PDF; WORD; PowerPoint) and higher resolution please!

God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him.  John Piper

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 6:44 AM

Logos should not have rushed to release Canvas as it is currently. The VERY limited exporting options almost make it useless for me.  I am Very disappointed.

Posts 1
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2019 10:19 AM

Great solution, Randy. I did need go to the "more settings" option in the Mac Print Dialogue box to blow it back up to scale, but everything looks great after that. Really helpful. Thanks!

Posts 1
Danny B. Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 3:57 PM

Is it possible to export all pages within a single canvas, or do the pages have to be exported individually?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS