Copy list Library books, paste into Excel

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 9 2018 1:56 PM

Can I do this??  Have Microsoft, Logos 8.

Posts 2167
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 2:19 PM

There is an export to Excel feature in the library that may be easier and more direct.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 2:31 PM

John Fidel:

There is an export to Excel feature in the library that may be easier and more direct.

I have: a>>>A, undo, redo, information, prioritize resources...….in the box.  I have no print/export.  I have the basic L8.

Posts 1672
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 2:31 PM

Mr. scooter: you can save it to a file that Excel can open.

On the Library resource panel menu, choose Print/Export. Choose Save as file: Spreadsheet. In the Save dialog, choose CSV as file type (unless you know what in the world to do with an XML file; I don't). Open with Excel. You can filter the Library first, if you want.

Note: I have never been able to use the "Send to new document" or "Paste into open document" options. In both cases, it only loads a small fraction of the Library's contents. This has been true for me for some time. I have ~6500 resources and it currently will paste <500 of them. I reported this here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/129716.aspx 

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 1672
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 2:38 PM

scooter:
I have: a>>>A, undo, redo, information, prioritize resources...….in the box.  I have no print/export.  I have the basic L8.

That's weird; you should have it irrespective of your feature set. Try Ctrl+P or the Mac equiv.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 3:30 PM

John + Robert:  Thank you for your replies. My 3dot box has only what I said above.  I have to contact Cust Serv.

Posts 2028
LogosEmployee

scooter:

John + Robert:  Thank you for your replies. My 3dot box has only what I said above.  I have to contact Cust Serv.

I believe you need to open the library in a separate panel. Either right click the library button to open in a panel, or drag the library menu button to where you want to place the panel.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 3:53 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
I believe you need to open the library in a separate panel. Either right click the library button to open in a panel, or drag the library menu button to where you want to place the panel.

Thanks, Andrew.  Will try tomorrow.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS