tyndale greek new testament

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2019 4:19 AM

Lee:

The Greek New Testament, Produced at Tyndale House, Cambridge comes out of pre-pub soon. Grab it if you're still on the fence.

In addition Mark Ward just wrote a great review on the Logos blog - https://blog.logos.com/

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2019 4:21 AM

Also, is anyone else getting the companion introduction that is close to shipping? - https://www.logos.com/product/176693/an-introduction-to-the-greek-new-testament

What are your thoughts about it? I'm in on the TGNT but on the fence about the introduction. 

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2423
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2019 4:42 AM

Cromwell:

However, the text is not Byzantine.  It is in the tradition of reasoned eclecticism/ critical text.  One distinctive feature is that every variant must be supported by two manuscripts with at least one an early one.  This means there are no conjectural emendations.  It is very different to CGBM.

Please define "an early one" - Thanks.

Posts 10126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 1:48 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Also, is anyone else getting the companion introduction that is close to shipping? - https://www.logos.com/product/176693/an-introduction-to-the-greek-new-testament

What are your thoughts about it? I'm in on the TGNT but on the fence about the introduction. 

I didn't know of https://www.logos.com/product/176693/an-introduction-to-the-greek-new-testament prior to your post, but looked up a customer review and read through the teaser excerpt you get from Amazon. It seems to be the required source to understand the editorial decisions that stand behind the TGNT and an intro to GNT textual criticism in general, including discussion of the most relevant variants. This convinced me to put in a PreOrder.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10596
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 3:22 AM

David Ames:

Not sure what the cutoff date might be, but "an early one"would likely mean a manuscript dating prior to the 5th century—or even earlier.

Posts 1568
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 5:30 AM

Jack Caviness:

David Ames:

Not sure what the cutoff date might be, but "an early one"would likely mean a manuscript dating prior to the 5th century—or even earlier.

The editors, as a rule, always base their text on at least two Greek manuscripts, and one of these must be from the fifth century or earlier (THGNT, 506; the Apocalypse is the only exception to the rule of having at least one early manuscript).

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 4:46 PM

NB.Mick:

Bruce Dunning:

I didn't know of https://www.logos.com/product/176693/an-introduction-to-the-greek-new-testament prior to your post, but looked up a customer review and read through the teaser excerpt you get from Amazon. It seems to be the required source to understand the editorial decisions that stand behind the TGNT and an intro to GNT textual criticism in general, including discussion of the most relevant variants. This convinced me to put in a PreOrder.

I was sitting on the fence until I read more reviews and also listened to this podcast interviewing the author, Dirk Jongkind, about this book. - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/dirk-jongkind-introduction-to-greek-new-testament-produced/id954894112?i=1000439919096

Posts 1015
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:36 AM

Any news on a release date?

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 1568
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:39 AM

John Goodman:

Any news on a release date?

Next Tuesday, June 25.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 44
Cromwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 8:24 AM

I'm really pleased to have this in my library.  Thank you for processing it.

I don't seem to have the ability to select my visual filters (Tense/ Mood/ Voice etc) that I have with NA28 and English Bibles.  Is this because the Morph Tagging is not there yet?  Or that I'm doing something wrong?

Posts 22085
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 8:39 AM

Cromwell:
I don't seem to have the ability to select my visual filters (Tense/ Mood/ Voice etc) that I have with NA28 and English Bibles.  Is this because the Morph Tagging is not there yet?  Or that I'm doing something wrong?

I can use Visual Filters on that resource.

I'd check the Visual Filter definition to see what resources it applies to. If it applies to a collection, have you updated the collection to include the Tyndale GNT?

Posts 44
Cromwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 8:45 AM

Thanks Graham for some rapid help!

I closed Logos and restarted it.  And the visual filter is working.

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 1:34 PM

Great to have this in my library. Looking forward to reading it through alongside the NA28 next year.

Posts 1015
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 8:21 AM

It appears we have no mobile access and it crashes the web app?

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 2304
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 8:35 AM

John Goodman:

It appears we have no mobile access and it crashes the web app?

It's exasperating to have to wait until these get put out for tablet. They know we want to use that and we paid for it.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 10311
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 8:53 AM

mab:
It's exasperating to have to wait until these get put out for tablet. They know we want to use that and we paid for it.

Agree. But the alternative is to delay the desktop. The mobile's always been the 2nd cousin living near the Bellingham docks.

Posts 1015
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 12:02 PM

I had very much hoped to use this with the text comparison tool... doesn't work at all?

Posts 22085
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 12:05 PM

John Goodman:

I had very much hoped to use this with the text comparison tool... doesn't work at all?

It is working for me - please clarify

Posts 1015
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 2:10 PM

Ah brilliant... it works in Verses mode but try switching to interlinear? For me it is broken. Pleased it works at least that way though... started doing some comparisons!

Posts 1301
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 3:16 PM

John Goodman:
it works in Verses mode but try switching to interlinear?

The Tyndale House Greek NT is not presently supported in the interlinear view of text comparison. We can look into it, but I cannot provide an estimate as to when it might happen.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS