Jimmy Evans Sermon Archive

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 737
Armin | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 12 2018 8:46 AM

I noticed that I have the Jimmy Evans sermon archive. Its last updated date states "yesterday". But the following webpage

https://www.logos.com/product/37456/jimmy-evans-sermon-archive

states that it is still under development. How does this work?

Posts 203
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 8:58 AM

Armin, you probably own a base package the archive is in. Usually moments like that you get earlier than when prepub ships. Just by a few days. At least that is my experience.

Posts 737
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 8:59 AM

Hi Matt,

Yes, I do have a base package that contains the resource. This explains it. Many thanks!

Posts 6327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:56 AM

Does it have outlines? Or is it just one huge chunk of text manuscript with title only and zero divisions?

Could you copy and paste a sample? As you can see, we get zero samples from Logos?

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 106
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 12 2018 12:06 PM

DAL:

Does it have outlines? Or is it just one huge chunk of text manuscript with title only and zero divisions?

Could you copy and paste a sample?

This is a reading view capture, appears to be just a manuscript with title.

Posts 6327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2018 12:30 PM

Thanks MWW! Exactly what I imagined! Same thing happened with Skip’s sermons. I’m not really interested in a manuscript that has neither divisions nor outlines.  It’s kind of hard to read something like that. I don’t know why these authors turn in only a manuscript.  I find it hard to believe they preach out of a huge chunk of text with no outline.  

My guess is they were lazy, just jotted down some scribble for notes and spoke extemporaneously. After that, some secretary used some speech to text software, and saved a bunch of transcripts and that’s what they gave FL to use as a “sermon archive.” Sad because the quality is extremely poor and it won’t really sell unless it gets shoved down out throats as part of a base package.

Oh well, at least I saved some money 💵👍😁👌

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS