Dishonest Advertising $100 off Logos 8 upgrade + Free Logos 7 Fundamentals

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 47
Cromwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 5:24 AM

Michael Childs:

David Wanat:
I don’t think it was dishonest. I do think it was confusing.

I totally agree that it was NOT dishonest.  I do not think Faithlife ever tries to be dishonest.  Obviously, there is confusion resulting in this discussion.

The message I received was not ambiguous or confusing.  It was an offer of $100 off on top of the upgrade discount.  However, there is a big difference between dishonest advertising and erroneous advertising.  It was effective marketing because it made me reconsider my decision not to upgrade - just the marketer had not understood the nuances of the offer.  An honest mistake.

When I contacted a sales rep, he was very good.  He admitted they made a mistake, checked, and then offered me the $100 off anyway.  This is another example of Logos treating a customer well when they made a mistake.  Other companies would not have been as generous.

Credit where credit is due - thank you Faithlife!

Posts 1
robert lineberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 8:19 AM

I got $100.00 off when I  went to Logos 8. The discounts keep coming. I went on the Standard Platinum Library. Got email yesterday where I can get a friend Logos 7 Fundamental for free. Go Logos! I can't understand why people complain about Logos. They have always been good to me. I now have 7,048 resources. Each resource only cost $1.31. At that price Logos is not making no money, they can't. I see some of the books that I have in my Logos library go for $100.00 each on Amazon. $1.31 for a $100.00 book is a great discount. Plus it's digital. Hard cover books are thing of the past. Can you imagine how much shelf space would be need for 7,048 books. If a book takes up 1 inch then I could get 12 books per foot. 7,048/12=587 foot to hold the books. On a 12 foot wall with 8 shelves 12x8=96 books per wall. 7,048/96=73 walls. Need 73 - 12 foot walls to put 7,048 books on. Also Logos lets me pay off my books. Who else give $9,000.00 credit no questions asked. Thank God for Logos!

Posts 64
Ron Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 9:34 AM

Robert, totally agree with you.  Logos is the bomb!!  Digital is so much faster, searches all your books instantly, can't do that with 7,084 books.  Thank you Logos!!!  Yes

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 9:44 AM

robert lineberry:
Can you imagine how much shelf space would be need for 7,048 books. If a book takes up 1 inch then I could get 12 books per foot. 7,048/12=587 foot to hold the books. On a 12 foot wall with 8 shelves 12x8=96 books per wall. 7,048/96=73 walls.

Think of all the trees you have saved Wink

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 8:02 AM

Granted, the wording is poor, but "When you upgrade to Logos 8"implies that this applies to a first-time purchase of L8. Sometimes we must remind ourselves that communication is not FL's strong suit. Sadly, they are not even mediocre in this area.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 8:16 AM

Jack Caviness:

Granted, the wording is poor, but "When you upgrade to Logos 8"implies that this applies to a first-time purchase of L8. Sometimes we must remind ourselves that communication is not FL's strong suit. Sadly, they are not even mediocre in this area.

Jack .. I'm L7. I haven't "upgraded to L8". Not trying to argue, etc.  Illustrating.

After watching them for 13 years and 5 'upgrades', I don't think their habits are accidental. Accordance pulls it off. Bibleworks did. And even Olivetree inside a very secular corporation. I used the OPs title word at L4 in discussion with Bob. Haven't changed my mind.

But you may be right ... not mediocre means incompetent (for me).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2509
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 8:27 AM

Denise:

After watching them for 13 years and 5 'upgrades', I don't think their habits are accidental. Accordance pulls it off. Bibleworks did. And even Olivetree inside a very secular corporation.

On this point I agree with Denise... frightening thought for both of us I am sure Surprise... FL has tendencies to Ready... Shoot... Aim...aim...aim... with their marketing communications. They do eventually hit the target, just not always on the first try. Still love FL and their team though.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 8:29 AM

Denise:
But you may be right ... not mediocre means incompetent (for me)

Stick out tongue I cannot disagree Hmm

Posts 1866
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 9:57 AM

John Fidel:
FL has tendencies to Ready... Shoot... Aim...aim...aim...

Thanks John for the chuckle, that's exactly how I shoot at clay pigeons!

Posts 2275
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 10:35 AM

robert lineberry:
Can you imagine how much shelf space would be need for 7,048 books. If a book takes up 1 inch then I could get 12 books per foot. 7,048/12=587 foot to hold the books. On a 12 foot wall with 8 shelves 12x8=96 books per wall. 7,048/96=73 walls. Need 73 - 12 foot walls to put 7,048 books on.

Geeked using your own math, you need 587 linear feet of shelving, you can fit 96 linear feet per wall, ergo you only a little more than 6 walls (587/96 = 6.114583) to accommodate your library. Geeked

However I DO AGREE with you that digital library has a very practical benefit!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 15
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 5:35 PM

You fared better than I did.  When I contacted the sales rep I was told that the $100.00 was only for first-time buyers.  And yes, he noted that the ad was not clear or complete.  Congrats on getting the extra discount.

Posts 20
gil4 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2018 2:11 PM

It looks like we've had a mixed bag of replies, but count me among those who felt misled. The ad on my home page (multiple times) didn't say it was only for first time purchases, and I clicked the link several times on different days and didn't see fine print; I just couldn't find a way to add the package to my cart and save the extra $100.

Posts 20
gil4 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 8:11 PM

Cromwell:

Michael Childs:

David Wanat:
I don’t think it was dishonest. I do think it was confusing.

I totally agree that it was NOT dishonest.  I do not think Faithlife ever tries to be dishonest.  Obviously, there is confusion resulting in this discussion.

The message I received was not ambiguous or confusing.  It was an offer of $100 off on top of the upgrade discount.  However, there is a big difference between dishonest advertising and erroneous advertising.  It was effective marketing because it made me reconsider my decision not to upgrade - just the marketer had not understood the nuances of the offer.  An honest mistake.

When I contacted a sales rep, he was very good.  He admitted they made a mistake, checked, and then offered me the $100 off anyway.  This is another example of Logos treating a customer well when they made a mistake.  Other companies would not have been as generous.

Credit where credit is due - thank you Faithlife!

They seem to have doubled down on the ads - "Save an extra $100 on Logos 8 through 12/31." No fine print. No details explaining that it's only for first-time package purchasers. No apologetic sales rep willing to make good on the offer.

No longer an honest mistake.

It's right here in the forum.

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS