Does Logos give to charity?

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 25635
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 12:26 PM

Don Awalt:
Why can't he just ask a simple question?

He can. And in a number of cases, I have the right to ask why he asks before deciding whether to answer or not.  No need to get hostile - there is a thing called equal rights.

Edit: on questions unrelated to the software, it is reasonable for me to know why the information is needed before spending time googling the forums for a half-remembered reply - even if I posed the question poorly.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8645
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 1:39 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Profitable businesses stay in business. Profit = Revenue - Expenses. 

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 7:06 PM

MJ. Smith:

Don Awalt:
Why can't he just ask a simple question?

He can. And in a number of cases, I have the right to ask why he asks before deciding whether to answer or not.  No need to get hostile - there is a thing called equal rights.

Edit: on questions unrelated to the software, it is reasonable for me to know why the information is needed before spending time googling the forums for a half-remembered reply - even if I posed the question poorly.

Not being hostile at all. I could say the same thing to you couldn't I.   But being an MVP I defer to your better judgment in knowing when a question deserves to be answered. Thank you for clarifying for me when it is worthwhile to reply and when it is better to challenge the validity of the question.

Posts 430
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2018 5:25 AM

Hi Mike:

I had a similar question some years ago: Does Logos invest in ministry (in their community or needed places)?

There are some principles that we need to consider:

1. Believers that do not provide for their house are worse than unbelievers. I take from this principle that we are to take care of our own first. 

Applied to Logos we should ask: Does Logos pay well their workers? (knowledge and others).

2. How about ministry? Are they involved in making disciples, looking for the lost, or helping fill the Earth with the knowledge of God (I think they do in a way, developing advanced tools).  They even have come up with very fundamental / basic packages so people can have the minimum to start in more systematic Bible study.

3. So we get to the charity deal: some pastors, ministers and even lay leaders, would like to get a discount or some sort of help to acquire better packages. I do think Logos (FL) could do better in organizing the volunteer help of users:

I was wondering if we could all kick in a bit to reward MJ with a series, bundle, collection or other resource of her choice, thanking her for her 25000 posts, and it seems that such is considered inappropriate.

I am much indebted to KS4J, Mike Barnes, MJ, Denise, Kevin Roza, and others for awesome guidance. Maybe it would be an idea that after certain milestone, we could reward their selfless contributions they do to our Forums community.

I even think there could be a "Madness" type deal in which people could vote and they would get discounts in special way se they can get resources of their choice cheaper, and if short of funds, maybe collective solidarity could kick in (showing we love each other in different ways as disciples, them teaching us, us helping them get more resources for their continuous learning and sharing).

Having said that, I do consider your question quite valid, because I would not want to find out eventually that Logos gives money to a satanic church or a terrorist organization to put some extreme examples.

My own non-expert opinion of course.

Kind regards.

Posts 25635
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 2:05 AM

Hamilton Ramos:
1. Believers that do not provide for their house are worse than unbelievers. I take from this principle that we are to take care of our own first. 

Christmas eve ... please no theological principles ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5946
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 2:14 AM

MJ. Smith:

Hamilton Ramos:

Christmas eve ... please no theological principles ...

As Carson and common sense would say, “A text without a context is a mere pretext for a proof text.”

But MJ is right, no theological discussions allowed. 👍😁👌

DAL

Ps. Hamilton does have a vivid imagination, though 😜

Posts 25635
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 2:33 AM

DAL:
“A text without a context is a mere pretext for a proof text.”

I like that!

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS