Logos software you can’t live without

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Judson s | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 25 2018 7:27 PM

so what is it? What software do you use most and is considered essential?

for me,

NA 28

BDAG

NET 1st edition with notes

NASB, KJV

Posts 6750
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 25 2018 8:15 PM

You mean modules for Logos?

1. NICOT/NT

2. BDAG/HALOT

3.  NASB/LBLA 

4. NIDOTTE/NIDNTTE

5. Adrian Rogers Sermon Archive/D.A. Carson Sermon Archive 

👍😁👌

Posts 2469
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2018 5:05 AM

Judson s:

Personal Book Builder.  Logos has stated that it wants to put every Christian book into Logos but that might take until the end of the millennium or  the Second Coming to finish.

Yes, they [Logos] expected us to use that tool to enter only our own sermons and other personally done research but we have found PDF and other resources on the Web.  

The problem is that any resource added to Logos MUST pass Pre Pub or Community Pricing test to enter the Logos Library.  Works great for core denominational groups with over 100 million US members But if your group does not have that many millions of US members the resources needed by your group will NEVER pass the Pre Pub or Community Pricing test.  And then Logos wonders why your small denomination has so few Logos users.  [[Logos hint hint: the answer is your reliance on the Pre Pub or Community Pricing test]] 

Praise the LORD that Logos added the Personal Book Builder!

Posts 1065
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2018 7:32 AM

David Ames:

Judson s:

Personal Book Builder.  Logos has stated that it wants to put every Christian book into Logos but that might take until the end of the millennium or  the Second Coming to finish.

Yes, they [Logos] expected us to use that tool to enter only our own sermons and other personally done research but we have found PDF and other resources on the Web.  

The problem is that any resource added to Logos MUST pass Pre Pub or Community Pricing test to enter the Logos Library.  Works great for core denominational groups with over 100 million US members But if your group does not have that many millions of US members the resources needed by your group will NEVER pass the Pre Pub or Community Pricing test.  And then Logos wonders why your small denomination has so few Logos users.  [[Logos hint hint: the answer is your reliance on the Pre Pub or Community Pricing test]] 

Praise the LORD that Logos added the Personal Book Builder!

I keep hoping that they'll put books into Faithlife ebooks that don't have sufficient demand in Logos. At least then I can have them in my Faithlife library and not have to buy elsewhere.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS