LES Bible Sense

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 29 2018 9:17 PM

I love Logos' Biblical Sense section in the reverse interlinear and would love to see it expanded into the LXX via their in-house LES perhaps?

Posts 21637
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:11 AM

Ken Rutherford:

I love Logos' Biblical Sense section in the reverse interlinear and would love to see it expanded into the LXX via their in-house LES perhaps?

Sense is included in the OT as below

and  similarly for LXX

Are you not seeing these or were you looking for something different?

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:17 AM

I didn't see it here. I see it in your resource. Thanks.

Posts 21637
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:23 AM

Ken Rutherford:
I didn't see it here

Understood - so it looks as though the English translation resource doesn't have this tagging whereas the Greek text itself does

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:25 AM

So it would seem and should be an easy fix since most of the work has apparently been done, but I am not a software technician. Wink

Posts 26026
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2018 1:41 AM

I suspect this should be reported as a BUG

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1259
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:19 PM

Bible Sense annotation only exists for the Hebrew Bible and the Greek New Testament. What you see in the LXX is the Hebrew Bible Sense analysis (since Hebrew is the base text of the reverse interlinear) much like you see the Hebrew Bible Sense analysis in the OT of the ESV (which also has Hebrew as the base text of the reverse interlinear) 

So it isn't a bug (unless displaying the sense line when it doesn't exist is the bug you mean). The workaround is to right-click and hide the sense line.

Mapping these over from Hebrew to Greek via the alignment isn't necessarily an easy thing; different languages do things differently and the senses would need to be reviewed and adjusted to represent the use of the LXX instead of the use of the Hebrew Bible. 

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 26026
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2018 2:52 PM

Makes perfect sense. Thanks Rick.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 110
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2019 7:10 AM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

Bible Sense annotation only exists for the Hebrew Bible and the Greek New Testament. What you see in the LXX is the Hebrew Bible Sense analysis (since Hebrew is the base text of the reverse interlinear) much like you see the Hebrew Bible Sense analysis in the OT of the ESV (which also has Hebrew as the base text of the reverse interlinear) 

So it isn't a bug (unless displaying the sense line when it doesn't exist is the bug you mean). The workaround is to right-click and hide the sense line.

Mapping these over from Hebrew to Greek via the alignment isn't necessarily an easy thing; different languages do things differently and the senses would need to be reviewed and adjusted to represent the use of the LXX instead of the use of the Hebrew Bible. 

Thanks, so it is as per my OP and a suggestion that people would have to want to merit you guys tackling this project, which is why I posted and think would be cool!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS