Problem with IVP Christopher Hall's Church Fathers Collection?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Yeo Syah Zuan | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 1 2019 2:14 AM

Not sure if Faithlife staffs read forum, but here's my try.

Church Fathers Collection (3 vols) is currently on sale: https://www.logos.com/product/148900/the-church-fathers-collection

But it's weird that only the 2nd, 3rd and 4th volume are included in the collection, while the first volume is not.

First volume: Reading Scripture with the Church Fathers

Is this due to publisher restriction or a mistake?

Posts 5604
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 11:05 AM

My guess is that it's ultimately a mistake.

And yes, some FL staff do read the forum, but they don't necessarily see all threads, and don't necessarily see them right away, either. Hopefully one of them will see this sometime in the next week or so, but it is a busy time for them.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 11:40 AM

Yeo Syah Zuan:
Not sure if Faithlife staffs read forum, but here's my try

you might have better luck for this kind of question by contacted sales@logos.com or customerservice@logos.com

Yeo Syah Zuan:

Church Fathers Collection (3 vols) is currently on sale: https://www.logos.com/product/148900/the-church-fathers-collection

But it's weird that only the 2nd, 3rd and 4th volume are included in the collection, while the first volume is not.

First volume: Reading Scripture with the Church Fathers

Is this due to publisher restriction or a mistake?

I did a brief google search.  Only saw a "collection" listed on Logos.  My guess is that is how the newer books were bundled, and yes, may be related to publisher agreement--I don't know.  The first book actually appears in the Historical Interpreters Collection with a good book by Donald McKim.

Incidentally the church father's collection (3 volumes) is also available in the Anglican Starter Pack.  you might see if that is a better deal for you.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS