Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 54 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 9043
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:45 PM

Fresh Eyes on Famous Bible Sayings: Discovering New Insights in Familiar Passages is supposed to be free at ebooks.faithlife.com through 1/2/2019 but shows as $.99. I'd take it for that, but guess there is a problem.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 211
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 7:13 PM

I'd like to know as well. 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/ - a postmodern pastor in a digital world

Posts 1923
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 8:31 PM

Mark Smith:

Fresh Eyes on Famous Bible Sayings: Discovering New Insights in Familiar Passages is supposed to be free at ebooks.faithlife.com through 1/2/2019 but shows as $.99. I'd take it for that, but guess there is a problem.

I would like to know why as well.  The offer is suppose to be for free and I am afraid if I do not hop on this, I may miss the freebie as I will be traveling al day on the 2nd

Posts 967
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 9:45 PM

Wondering the same thing myself as I got the email from DCC and clicked through to find it still at $$0.99. Hopefully tomorrow will bring us good news.

Posts 967
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2019 10:11 AM

I think Logos had better call an exterminator as I can hear a lot of crickets chirping.

Time for you 5 followers to bump this thread before the day ends ;-)

Posts 211
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2019 11:30 AM

Yes Bump

Posts 52
Ron Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2019 12:06 PM

David E Cook had the same problem.  The free book yesterday had a Faithlife copy so I clicked on it so it would be part of my Library and not Kindle.  When it went to the FL there was a $0.99 charge.  Figured it was an oops, and Cook would fix it with FL.

Posts 211
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 9:34 AM

It was never fixed. I hope that Faithlife will respond to this mistake. :) 

Posts 211
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 10:17 AM

It looks like this will not get much attention because it was placed in "General" and not "Faithlife Ebooks." I wish there was a way to cross post and get an answer. 

Posts 967
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 11:25 AM

Jim Erwin:

It looks like this will not get much attention because it was placed in "General" and not "Faithlife Ebooks." I wish there was a way to cross post and get an answer. 

If you look at the top of the thread it's in the right category. Perhaps they're just on holiday but really Logos doesn't care about ebooks. They haven't fixed the unlocked=no and it's been ages. It's like they don't want us to buy ebooks so then when it's a complete failure they can look at the numbers as proof.

Posts 73
LogosEmployee
Deborah Keiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 12:59 PM

Sorry for the slow response! We are not given the same deals as all other retailers, so if you see books on sale at outlets like Kindle, we may not be able to sell titles at the same price. Our promo price from DCC was $.99 for this title. On the flipside, we occasionally get exclusive deals for free ebooks, too. Thanks for checking with us!

Posts 967
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 1:13 PM

Thanks for your response Deborah. There's a problem in the logistics then because DCC was promoting your site as a place to get this book for free. Here is the email I received.

Posts 1762
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 1:44 PM

Tom Reynolds:

Thanks for your response Deborah. There's a problem in the logistics then because DCC was promoting your site as a place to get this book for free. Here is the email I received.

Look clear to me, don´t know any other way to say FREE.   Would be nice if Faithlife would honor this deal, not just give a discount. :) 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 853
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 2:09 PM

Tom:

Tom Reynolds:

Look clear to me, don´t know any other way to say FREE.   Would be nice if Faithlife would honor this deal, not just give a discount. :) 

Perhaps the error is with DCC.

Posts 9043
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 2:19 PM

Deborah Keiser:

Sorry for the slow response! We are not given the same deals as all other retailers, so if you see books on sale at outlets like Kindle, we may not be able to sell titles at the same price. Our promo price from DCC was $.99 for this title. On the flipside, we occasionally get exclusive deals for free ebooks, too. Thanks for checking with us!

Sounds like DCC should not have listed this volumes as free through Faithlife, I probably would have taken advantage of the $.99 price had I known in time what I know now. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2191
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 2:55 PM

Does anyone have the link to the offer? Maybe a couple of friendly emails to DCC would convince them of their mistake and (fingers crossed) make the offer available for another day or so.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2022
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 5:59 PM

Perhaps good-hearted Christians make mistakes and we don't have to take advantage of that to save 99 cents.

I once got too-good of a deal from Logos through a sales-agent.  I think (?) it was a mistake, but never really knew what happened at Logos internally.  Logos honored that deal, and although I was appreciative, I never felt completely good about it.  I would rather pay a fair price and sleep well at night.

Posts 114
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 10:19 PM

What is DCC? I am always looking for deals on theological books. 

Posts 73
LogosEmployee
Deborah Keiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2019 3:15 PM

Know that I'm trying to get a solution to this pricing problem that will be good for y'all so be back soon.

Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS