More books, faster, better pricing

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 36
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 11:22 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Thanks for the feedback, Rob. I completely agree we need to solve this.

I’ve outlined these (among other) priorities for 2019:

1. Significantly grow our digital book catalog.
  2. Make new books available at the same time as their print and Kindle release.
  3. Make them discoverable from a single store.
  4. Make them available for individual purchase, not just in collections.
  5. Sell them at competitive prices.

I hope to make progress on each of these this year.

If the digital book catalog is going to be significantly expanded, it may be hard for consumers to keep up with the new (and old) books by authors (new and old) without constantly scanning/searching the store. It'd be nice to have the option to "follow" certain authors, publishers, and maybe traditions. Amazon has something like this where we can follow an author and they will send an email when a new release is coming out. As far as I know, Logos' emails are more general with promotions and popular items. I wouldn't mind emails that notified me of new releases coming to Logos from authors, publishers, or traditions that I follow. 

My current method is to follow authors on Amazon and look at what Logos has, but I'd prefer to avoid Amazon altogether these days. 

Posts 255
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 11 2019 12:31 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Thanks for the feedback, Rob. I completely agree we need to solve this.

I’ve outlined these (among other) priorities for 2019:

1. Significantly grow our digital book catalog.
  2. Make new books available at the same time as their print and Kindle release.
  3. Make them discoverable from a single store.
  4. Make them available for individual purchase, not just in collections.
  5. Sell them at competitive prices.

I hope to make progress on each of these this year.

This is encouraging and I just came across another great example of why this is needed today. I like to read book reviews from sites I trust and I just read a great one on the book:

Living Life Backward: How Ecclesiastes Teaches Us to Live in Light of the End by David Gibson.   I decided I would buy it, so I went to your site and of course it wasn't available. I want books like this in Logos because of clippings and notes capabilities that let me pull out great information from books I read (not to mention search results). This time it worked out because I remembered to go to Faithlife books and it was there. I went ahead and bought it (Bonus! happens to be on sale at the moment) But I don't always think to go to Faithlife books in situations like this and I don't like spending the extra time having to search two stores. Even worse is when a new book isn't available and I have to add it to my Amazon Wishlist and hope at some point I remember to check back later to see if I can get it from Faithlife. That said, can't wait to see improvements in this area.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS