your servais (right word?)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 112
Ole Madsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 3 2019 10:25 PM

some times you give us questions to answer so you can understand who uses logos, but it is so clear to me that logos dont have any clue about the five fold ministry 1 are you a pastor, 2 are you a worship leader, as if there are none else, is this really your theology standpoint?

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 10:29 PM

Right word; phonetic spelling. Common spelling is "survey".

You are correct that Faithlife surveys show no understanding of how  other churches are organized and worship.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2019 6:39 AM

I declined to do the survey also - I could check full time or part time, pastor or student, but not a combination of the two. What does a full time pastor and seminarian check? Thats on top of the issue already addressed by this thread.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 4545
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2019 8:45 AM

Ole Madsen:

some times you give us questions to answer so you can understand who uses logos, but it is so clear to me that logos dont have any clue about the five fold ministry 1 are you a pastor, 2 are you a worship leader, as if there are none else, is this really your theology standpoint?

I am reassured that my attitude to the survey isn't unique.

I too get the impression that the worship centres attended by the public facing members of Faithlife Staff all attend one of the emerging churches. They seem to have little concept of the various liturgical froms nor the variety of roles that pastors, ministers and priests operate in.

How would the Cathedral Dean answer the survey? What about a Methodist Lay Preacher? How about a Salvation Army Captain (or any rank above)?

Posts 6062
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2019 11:03 AM

It’s the millennials’s attitude/mentality. They see worship as entertainment; hence, they think of ”roles” one might “play” to entertain people. They go more by what feels and looks good and not by what the Word approves. It’s sad, but it’s the type of mentality that has permeated the church.  Is it any wonder why some worship services look more like mini concerts and nobody really sings except “the band” that’s playing to entertain. Is it any wonder why preachers feel the need to “perform” their sermons instead of preaching them. And to top it all off, we get weird surveys that ask weird questions to figure out which “role” one is “playing.” The Word of God warned us about these things, but many still choose to ignore the warning. By the way, the baby boomers are responsible for this, but they play the innocent and place the blame on the new generation. 🤭

DAL

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2019 12:18 PM

DAL:
By the way, the baby boomers are responsible for this, but they play the innocent and place the blame on the new generation.

Not the baby boomers I know ... you may blame us for taking religion very seriously, trying to actually practice it socially, for looking to the East, for Jesus-Movement churches that turned Orthodox, for the rise of the Classics of Western Spiritually series ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 17738
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2019 9:53 PM

SineNomine:

Is there a new survey out?

A purchase at Faithlife eBooks => https://ebooks.faithlife.com/search?context=product&sortBy=PriceLow&limit=15 may be followed by:

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS