Sermon Editor: Time/Word Count

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 5 2019 3:29 PM

I am trying to use the sermon editor more (see my other request), and found it is missing another feature which I would really like. I can see a word count and time estimate at the top of the screen, which is very helpful. But, as I am writing a sermon, I will bounce around quite a bit. Right now, for instance, I am finalizing my sermon for the morning, and wondering how long my introduction is. In Microsoft Word, I can highlight a paragraph and see how many words are in that section. In the Sermon Editor, I do not see any way to see anything except the total length.

Having to copy and paste into Word for that tiny bit of information is that kind of thing that tempts me to just use Word in the first place, even though I love the idea of having everything in Logos and the generation of my Proclaim slides. 

I hope you will consider what I think would be a fairly simple, but valuable, addition. 

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2019 4:15 PM

Hi Justin

I think that’s a great idea - it would be really helpful

Graham

Posts 2
Chaplain McCollum | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2021 2:04 PM

Hello, was this feature discontinued it Logos 9? I am having difficulty finding it or any information on it. I used that feature on a weekly basis, appreciate alternative suggestions if it was d/c'd. Thank you so much!

Respectfully,

Pastor Ryan

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2021 2:10 PM

Hi Ryan - and welcome to the forums

Pastor Ryan:
Hello, was this feature discontinued it Logos 9?

Are you referring to the estimated timer / word count field?

If so, you should see it at the top of the sermon info tab - accessible to the right of the sermon doc panel

If you don't see it, which version of Logos 9 are you using? In the 9.3 beta 1 release it has moved to a popup at the bottom right of the panel.

Graham

Posts 2
Chaplain McCollum | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2021 9:21 AM

Thank you so much for getting back to me, and so quickly!

I do now see it in the upper right (v 9.2.0.0014, Mac). I appreciate you!

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2021 1:02 PM

Graham Criddle:

If you don't see it, which version of Logos 9 are you using? In the 9.3 beta 1 release it has moved to a popup at the bottom right of the panel.

Nearly impossible to see it.  HORRIBLE implementation.  It was visible in the greyed out info pane before.  Why on earth was it moved to a white box over a white panel?  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2021 1:11 PM

TCBlack:
Nearly impossible to see it.  HORRIBLE implementation.  It was visible in the greyed out info pane before.  Why on earth was it moved to a white box over a white panel?  

You might want to add your comments to a thread I started on this in the beta channel - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/198569.aspx 

Posts 21
Claude Guex | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2021 8:11 AM

Concerning this comparison words/time : could we change the calculation reference (for example if I read more quickly, could I set another ratio between the 2 things) ?

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2021 8:18 AM

Claude Guex:

Concerning this comparison words/time : could we change the calculation reference (for example if I read more quickly, could I set another ratio between the 2 things) ?

Sorry - but we don’t have any options to modify this

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS