Searching for a Logos 8 Review that was not written in exchange for a free upgrade

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 467
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 8:53 PM

Hi Cynthia:

Off topic: I did answer you by email. Just in case you did not receive it: 

hramosicaza@yahoo.com

You said you had some questions in another thread, feel free to ask. Just remember I am not an expert, more of a regular sheep with some God given research abilities.

Posts 27
Matt Doebler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 10:11 AM

Thank you very much for the review.  It was very helpful.

Posts 3524
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 10:31 AM

I agree with much of what has been said above, positive and negative points. A couple additional comments:

1. One of the key UI improvements in L8 is faceted searching. You can open a panel in many resources/tools that allows you to select criteria to find what you want. If you've had the Concordance and Bible Browser in L7, you know how that works. Now you can do this in the library, notes, etc. 

2. Speed is overall better imo. However, there are still autopopulating lists delays.

3. Concerning the Notes Tool. In L7, notes were individual documents. In L8 one interface allows you to interact with your entire library of notes. What was previously known as an annotation file is now called a notebook. This, combined with faceted searching, allows the user to find and interact with notes, even interconnect them at a superior level compared to L8. Again, a limited analogy would be the Bible browser. Imagine that what you are searching is not the Bible but your notes and that you have all kinds of useful criteria you can select to find notes that qualify. For instance, all notes on Isaiah across your notebooks. 

I hope this helps. 

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS