What I miss from Logos 7

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 273
Greg F | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 8 2019 7:03 AM

I can't help feeling that Logos 8, on the whole, has been a letdown. I'm sure a lot of work went into it, but I miss a bunch of basic things that I hope will make their way back to Logos 8. The workflows and Canvas seem useless to me.

Here are mine:

1. The Homepage no longer shows excerpts from my resources. I greatly prefer the old homepage layout, but I know others think differently.

2. I can no longer jump between highlights within a resource by clicking on the up and down arrows.

3. Labels no longer work.

There are other, smaller things that are minor annoyances. But on the whole, I'd like to downgrade back to Logos 7, but till now I haven't been able to motivate myself to figure out how to do it.

Are there others who miss L7?

Posts 9966
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 7:31 AM

Greg F:

Not me! Lovin' it daily.

Posts 17826
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 10:39 AM

Greg F:
1. The Homepage no longer shows excerpts from my resources. I greatly prefer the old homepage layout, but I know others think differently.

Thread => Home Page of Logos 8 includes screen shot of fsd command work around for excerpts plus has questions from Faithlife.

Greg F:
2. I can no longer jump between highlights within a resource by clicking on the up and down arrows.

Faithlife Changes from Logos 7 to Logos 8 includes "See the dedicated Notes FAQ for a complete list of changes and missing features." that has link => https://faithlife.com/logos-notes/activity for discussing Missing Functionality (find in Notes, labels, ...), which includes prioritization.

Greg F:
But on the whole, I'd like to downgrade back to Logos 7, but till now I haven't been able to motivate myself to figure out how to do it.

If have adequate storage, one "downgrade" option is running Verbum 7 in parallel with Logos 8. Personally recommend setting update channel in Verbum 7 to manual for avoidance of application upgrades (while allowing resource and dataset additions/upgrades). Logos wiki => Installation and Indexing Questions includes Verbum 7 installation links.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2023
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 1:33 PM

Denise:

Greg F:

Not me! Lovin' it daily.

I am loving L8  too.  Way better even than L7.  The homepage, not so much, but owell, who really needs it anyhow?  Just bypass the leeks and garlics of L7 there and live happily ever after.

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 2:04 PM

Greg F:

There are other, smaller things that are minor annoyances.

1. Not missed

2. and 3. are missed, as part of old Notes

The UI annoyances are real annoyances!

L8 was premature.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1520
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 2:19 PM

Greg F:

Labels are back in the latest L8 beta...

Posts 158
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2019 2:41 PM

Dave Hooton:

Greg F:

The UI annoyances are real annoyances!

L8 was premature.

I agree that L8 was a little premature, but I think it's a significant improvement.  Certainly more so than L6 to L7 for me.  Performance has been a very noticeable improvement.  L8 is more responsiveness and indexing is faster.  Even with the current issues, I still think it was worth the upgrade and it'll only get better as bugs as squashed, expected features are implemented, and the UI polished.  I wonder if L8 was rushed in an effort to make the holiday sale schedule.  The free mobile ed course also sweetened the deal.

Posts 26
Lourens de Jager | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 5:06 AM

Ctrl + L to open an already opened Library tab.

Having a new tab open after each press really drives me crazy!

Posts 1014
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:19 AM

Levi Durfey:

Exciting news!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 6:23 PM

Myke Harbuck:

Levi Durfey:

Exciting news!

Bit of caution, though. They won't be released with v8.2.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS