Feature request: Open recource's images in a new window

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 86
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 8 2019 2:00 PM

Reffering to my topic here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/177487.aspx, I'd like to request the abillity to right click on any given image in a resource and chose to open it in a floating window so that one can benefit from those that are high resolution.

Reason: Some images contains a lot of detail, e.g. maps, that are much better viewed in a larger version.

Many thanks in advance (Heb 11:1)

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 5:24 AM

Yes

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 8635
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 6:19 AM

This is an excellent suggestion that I think many of us would use often.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1458
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 6:35 AM

It's actually better to open an image in the mobile app than on the desktop...so this is a great suggestion!

How To Get Logs - macOS or Windows

Posts 264
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 7:04 AM

I've been meaning to suggest this for a long time now, thank you for bringing it up!

Right click > "View image" > opens up the default image viewer on the computer/mobile device.

That would be fantastic.

Posts 929
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:00 AM

Love this simple yet profound idea. Thanks!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 9692
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:31 AM

Actually, that functionality has been in Logos since L3, I think. L4 re-introduced it per resource (ie selected). I just pulled up one I knew of (L7 final version before L8) ... the mouse shows a small popup on hover (to indicate larger available). Clicking on the image pops a full image up, complete with sliders for zooming around the image.

If I understand your idea correctly.

Posts 86
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:34 AM

Please provide a screenshot of how/where you do that! I can't seem to make that happen here...

Posts 9692
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2019 2:47 PM

J. Erik:

Please provide a screenshot of how/where you do that! I can't seem to make that happen here...

I'm offline now. Camera!

Remember ... selected resources. I'd assume contractually required.

1. Notice little white box below hand, indicating clickable:

2. Clicked; popup. Horizontal and vertical scroll bars for examining zoomed image:

Posts 407
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 7:49 AM

Yes

Posts 86
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:47 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Thanks! :)

Denise:

J. Erik:

I'm offline now. Camera!

Remember ... selected resources. I'd assume contractually required.

1. Notice little white box below hand, indicating clickable:

2. Clicked; popup. Horizontal and vertical scroll bars for examining zoomed image:

Aha, so by selected you mean that only a few has it?

Posts 9692
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 10 2019 9:35 AM

Correct. I only mentioned it because the code has been in there since 2008 (the L4-8 series), and of course prior (Libby). 

Ignoring the reasons for not allowing popups for imagery, they spent (wasted in my view) a lot of money on a viewer (maps, selected images). It was slow, not intuitive, and seems to have been dumped in their planning. They're on their 3rd try at maps ... I doubt the current iteration will last, since it's inherently expensive.

But more importantly, even the base imagery (amount of detail) is well behind Accordance. I love two-finger zooming to examine details.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS