Android UI improvements are here

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 10:56 AM

John Goodman:

Daniel Di Bartolo:
We moved the Bible button from the main nav bar to the Tab editing view.

Daniel Di Bartolo:
We've added a Store button to the main nav bar.

Given its a Bible app - I would really appreciate the Bible being the main thing, front and centre!

Exactly.

Posts 320
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 11:17 AM

Kiyah:

John Goodman:

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Given its a Bible app - I would really appreciate the Bible being the main thing, front and centre!

Exactly.

Well... *center Big SmileWink

Posts 161
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:02 PM

I also think the Store button should be moved to the bottom of the menu.  The app is first and foremost a reading tool.  I don't mind that you feel the need to give us access to the stoes, but I'd like it out if the way of the tools that enhance the reading experience.  I do not need regular access to the store.

Posts 960
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:29 PM

Andrew Biddinger:

Kiyah:

John Goodman:

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Exactly.

I’m English... we spell correctly! Stick out tongue

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 223
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:30 PM

Michael:

I also think the Store button should be moved to the bottom of the menu.  The app is first and foremost a reading tool.  I don't mind that you feel the need to give us access to the stoes, but I'd like it out if the way of the tools that enhance the reading experience.  I do not need regular access to the store.

I agree - the Store button is unnecessary on that bar. I rarely use it and if I want to purchase resource I tend to user a browser outside of the app.

Posts 320
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 7:20 PM

John Goodman:

Andrew Biddinger:

Kiyah:

John Goodman:

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Exactly.

I’m English... we spell correctly! Stick out tongue

Sorry...I couldn't help it.  Big Smile Wink

Posts 960
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 13 2019 5:42 AM

lol no worries 😉 

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2019 1:12 PM

Well, my mobile app just updated. It looks like the feedback of multiple people on this post to NOT put the Store button on the main navigation bar was ignored.

I would ask, beg, plead, with Faithlife once again to please remove the Store button from the homepage and return it to the side menu. It was very accessible there, there is no need except for greed to put in on the navigation bar. (As if Logos/Verbum users don't already spend plenty of money in your store as it is.) Smh

EDIT: Correction, there is now a store button in two places. On the nav bar and still in the side menu. However, they removed the very handy button that quickly got you back to your preferred bible (especially helpful if you have a lot of resources open), to make room for the store button. So what took you one tab now takes you two taps. Think about that. They removed the button that helps you easily get to your preferred bible with one tap to make room for the store button. Priorities. Smh

Posts 960
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 11:55 AM

I really don't see the point in this decision... there is room on even a 4 inch screen to put both... lets have the Bible in pride of place please!

Posts 25
Diane Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:37 AM

Don't like all the new updates. If I had known it was going to happen I would have turned my automatic updates off. I now have issues with the audio. Tap for audio and when it pops up, you have to tap to get the full screen. Depending on where you tap, it either does nothing or flips to the next page. Is there not a way to lock the screen so it doesn't move unless you want it to. This app is a pain, if I hadn't spent so much money on it, I'd never use it again.

Posts 192
LogosEmployee

Hi Diane, I'm Daniel. I help lead our mobile app efforts at Faithlife. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I'd love to help if I can. 

With our most recent update on Android, there should be no changes to audio behavior. When you say "you have to tap to get full screen", what do you mean by that? What are you trying to make full screen?

By design, each book, resource, or tool in Logos opens in a "tab". Think of it like a tab in your web browser. You can open multiple things and navigate around them very quickly. Swiping allows you to switch between them.

If you would like to disable this behavior, you can set your application you can uncheck "scrolling view" in the settings. Swiping with one finger in that scenario will turn the page. You would then use two fingers to swipe between the tabs.

-Daniel 

Posts 25
Diane Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:59 AM

When I have a tab open (ESV) on the side bar it has play audio. Once the audio starts playing, to get the controls off the screen you have to tap the screen to get rid of them. Then it shows nothing but the full screen again. Have to tap this several times to get the controls to hide. The old app was much better than this one in doing that. One tap and done.

Posts 161
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 11:51 AM

Diane Barnes:

When I have a tab open (ESV) on the side bar it has play audio. Once the audio starts playing, to get the controls off the screen you have to tap the screen to get rid of them. Then it shows nothing but the full screen again. Have to tap this several times to get the controls to hide. The old app was much better than this one in doing that. One tap and done.

That's interesting.  When play audio my audio controls are in the notification tray.  I don't get any on screen controls on the app itself.

Posts 25
Diane Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 12:03 PM

Here is a pic. I have to tap the screen to hide these controls. If not I can't see the full text. As stated before sometimes the tap will work and most times not.

Posts 25
Diane Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 12:28 PM

Finally got a pic of it.

Posts 192
LogosEmployee

Diane Barnes:

Finally got a pic of it.

Thanks for sharing, Diane. It should dismiss on the first tap. I'll look in to why that might be happening. 

What is the device model you're using? 

Thanks,

-Daniel 

Posts 25
Diane Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 4:53 PM

Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 SM-T560NU 

Thanks

Diane

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS