Page 2 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 66 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 77
LogosEmployee
Deborah Keiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 8:32 AM

For the time being, we can only sell HarperCollins Christian Publishing (HCCP) books inside the US on Faithlife Ebooks. That includes the rights to Thomas Nelson and Zondervan titles. We are working to renegotiate international rights with HCCP and hope it will be a speedy process. However, a timeline for when international rights will be returned has not been determined.

We know that this is a pain point for you, and our other international customers, and we sincerely appreciate your patience & understanding as we work through the contract process. I'll keep you posted with updates when they become available.

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 10:05 AM

Deborah Keiser:

For the time being, we can only sell HarperCollins Christian Publishing (HCCP) books inside the US on Faithlife Ebooks. That includes the rights to Thomas Nelson and Zondervan titles. We are working to renegotiate international rights with HCCP and hope it will be a speedy process. However, a timeline for when international rights will be returned has not been determined.

We know that this is a pain point for you, and our other international customers, and we sincerely appreciate your patience & understanding as we work through the contract process. I'll keep you posted with updates when they become available.

Thank you for that update, Deborah. I'm thankful for the many Thomas Nelson and Zondervan titles I've already bought over the years and look forward to being able to purchase them again from Canada.

Posts 939
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 10:06 AM

Deborah Keiser:

Thanks Deborah. The John Stott book that we weren't able to buy was IVP I believe. Is there an issue with IVP for international customers?

Posts 77
LogosEmployee
Deborah Keiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 10:17 AM

I'll check on the Stott book. Can you give me the title again? Thanks!

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 10:41 AM

Thanks so much, Deborah. I'll keep the titles on my wishlist, and look forward to buying them in the future.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 10:42 AM

Deborah Keiser:

Not Paul, but I think he referred to https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/167186/the-radical-disciple-some-neglected-aspects-of-our-calling - this is from IVP Books.

A weird thing is that I can't buy this book, but I could buy the eBook version of the 2013 reprint edition of Stott's https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/147206/baptism-and-fullness-the-work-of-the-holy-spirit-today from the same publisher - I just didn't go through with it since I own the 1975 edition in Logos version.

EDIT: the new offering by IVP books, Packer's https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/168883/knowing-god is not available for me, either. Even though I own the paper book version (bought a used copy years ago), I would have liked to buy this one Sad

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 939
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 11:01 AM

Deborah Keiser:

NB Mick was correct. Sadly I had to buy from elsewhere. They have a 30 day returns policy too, so if you were able to get IVP to extend to international customers I'd sooner buy from Faithlife.

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/167186/the-radical-disciple-some-neglected-aspects-of-our-calling

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 11:09 AM

Deborah Keiser:
For the time being, we can only sell HarperCollins Christian Publishing (HCCP) books inside the US on Faithlife Ebooks. That includes the rights to Thomas Nelson and Zondervan titles. We are working to renegotiate international rights with HCCP and hope it will be a speedy process.

Thanks Deborah for the information. 

I'm glad that a library search for edition:e publisher:(nelson, zondervan, harpercollins) yields 226 hits in my library, with only 26 of those books tagged as fiction, most of the other 200 I believe highly relevant works from leading authors. Those US customers who despise the eBooks as "Amish romance only" are missing a treasure trove that often would fit much better into a student's or pastor's book budget.

It's sad that currently those books are not available to international customers anymore. Nevertheless, I really appreciate having had that opportunity and I'm looking forward to being allowed to spend money on HCCP-published ebooks again in the future.  

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 1:12 PM

Deborah Keiser:

Thanks for the update Deborah.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 979
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 1:20 PM

Paul Caneparo:

NB Mick was correct. Sadly I had to buy from elsewhere. They have a 30 day returns policy too, so if you were able to get IVP to extend to international customers I'd sooner buy from Faithlife.

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/167186/the-radical-disciple-some-neglected-aspects-of-our-calling

This one is ok for Canadians but recently there was one from "New Growth Press" that was limited to the US. https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/137731/getting-jesus-wrong-giving-up-spiritual-vitamins-and-checklist-christianity However, I can add other New Growth Press volumes to my cart with no problem.

Posts 21915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 6:33 AM

Just to add my request for these restrictions to be removed as soon as possible.

I was trying to add a range of books to my library - probably between $60-$80 worth - from Faithlife eBooks but none of them were available for purchase in the UK.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 1:05 PM

Graham Criddle:
I was trying to add a range of books to my library - probably between $60-$80 worth - from Faithlife eBooks but none of them were available for purchase in the UK.

You did try one at a time, right? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 1:39 PM

JT (alabama24):

Graham Criddle:

You did try one at a time, right? 

Indeed

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 2:40 PM

Tongue Tied

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 939
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 2:57 AM

I know I probably shouldn't, but I tried to buy another Zondervan book just now in the vain hope the licencing had been sorted. Obviously not! That's 3 attempts in the last week. Not only have Faithlife missed out, but Zondervan have too as I don't wish to purchase them elsewhere.

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 3:06 AM

Jan Krohn:

Yep, no more Zondervan titles in the Netherlands as well.

Jan Krohn:

If people outside the USA need to start looking into other Bible software 

I know this is OT (in more than one sense) but can anyone tell me if it is still possible to install the Bible software that is owned by Zondervan?

I have the app (with a free library) installed on my Android device and it is still being updated. However, I can not find the app anymore in the Windows store and the iOS app store (or rather I get the "not available in your country" message). 

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 3:30 AM

HJ. van der Wal:

I know this is OT (in more than one sense) but can anyone tell me if it is still possible to install the Bible software that is owned by Zondervan?

I have the app (with a free library) installed on my Android device and it is still being updated. However, I can not find the app anymore in the Windows store and the iOS app store (or rather I get the "not available in your country" message). 

I have a US iTunes account as well as a UK one so I can get it from there, but it's no longer available where I am - I couldn't find any announcements or anything about it. I would have been furious to lose my investment there if I hadn't already transitioned to Logos. As it stands, I haven't touched it for more than 5 minutes in the last couple of years.

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 3:36 AM

I just tried and failed (due to the country restriction) to buy an IVP book (Mindful Silence: The Heart of Christian Contemplation). Hmm, I hadn't been blocked on IVP books before.

It's a bummer, too, because it's at a really nice sale price right now. Sad

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 4:12 AM

Rosie Perera:
I just tried and failed (due to the country restriction) to buy an IVP book (Mindful Silence: The Heart of Christian Contemplation). Hmm, I hadn't been blocked on IVP books before.

Happened very often to me in the past and also recently. IVP has always been an issue, even on Logos.com, because there are actually 2 IVPs (US & UK) and they are notorious for licensing only half of the world - remember that we used to have two different sets of "The Bible Speaks Today" in Logos? 

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 4:44 AM

NB.Mick:
IVP has always been an issue, even on Logos.com, because there are actually 2 IVPs (US & UK) and they are notorious for licensing only half of the world

I sure wish that they would work something out to fix this.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 2 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS