Please help to change this PDF file to words.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2904
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 24 2019 12:02 PM

I would be very grateful if someone  could change it into words for me  .so that I could use it as a personal book in my My Logos Library.

7318.ሽማግልያዊ ወይስ መጋብያዊ አመራር pdf.pdf

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2019 12:21 PM

By "words" I assume you mean "text." This is a photo .pdf? To move from a photo into text you need to have OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software, and it would need to be calibrated to your language. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2019 3:09 PM

JT is right. You will need to use OCR software that is capable of recognizing Amharic. The OCR software I have (ABBYY) does not have Amharic listed as one of the languages it recognizes, so I can't help you.

Try one of these:

https://www.metaappz.com/Amharic_OCR/Default.aspx

https://www.abyssinica.com/ocr

Posts 2904
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2019 8:02 AM

Wow! This is really my best gift for this year the precious sister I have missed a lot for years has responded to my post. Dear Rosie when I think about Logos Forum I can’t forget what you have not only help me ,but you have taught me a lot and I am so grateful for that. So do I appreciate what dear Alabama does as well when I need help he is the one who respnds and helps me among others who have shown the Logos Forum to be a place where most of us get our help.

Now let me try to open to the links and try best wha I can afford. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2904
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2019 9:41 AM

I have tried ,but I have got displayed " 504 Gate way timeout"

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2019 12:26 PM

Tes:
Wow! This is really my best gift for this year the precious sister I have missed a lot for years has responded to my post. Dear Rosie when I think about Logos Forum I can’t forget what you have not only help me ,but you have taught me a lot and I am so grateful for that.

Tes, to be honest, one of the reasons I stepped back to less involvement in the forums is the pressure towards online community forming that happens here. It was negatively impacting my real-life relationships. I cannot be a friend to you here. I'm sorry about that. I'm glad it's become a community of friends for you, but it can't be that for me. I get sucked back into online addictions so easily, and when I read language like what you used there, I pull back again.

Blessings to you.

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2019 2:29 PM

Culture.

Posts 2904
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2019 9:13 AM

Rosie Perera:

Tes:
Wow! This is really my best gift for this year the precious sister I have missed a lot for years has responded to my post. Dear Rosie when I think about Logos Forum I can’t forget what you have not only help me ,but you have taught me a lot and I am so grateful for that.

Tes, to be honest, one of the reasons I stepped back to less involvement in the forums is the pressure towards online community forming that happens here. It was negatively impacting my real-life relationships. I cannot be a friend to you here. I'm sorry about that. I'm glad it's become a community of friends for you, but it can't be that for me. I get sucked back into online addictions so easily, and when I read language like what you used there, I pull back again.

Blessings to you.

Dear Rosie, I would like to thank you again. I have understood you.I can remember even you were online until late in the morning. As you might know I have different mentality and limited knowledge of the English language. I have expressed it as sister not a friend and that means according to me Sister in the Lord Jesus Christ.perhaps if my post has offended you and has a different meaning as I have intended to Please forgive me. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 11:28 AM

GaoLu:

Culture.

Not necessarily...she did mention “online addictions” which can actually be serious, but that you wouldn’t understand if you‘ve never experienced it.  Thank her for her contributions and pray for her.

I’ve known some individuals that they talk about their online friends as if they were actual relationships in their lives, even if they’ve never met in person. Some even have a “Best Friend” who resides on Facebook and that can affect your “real day-to-day life.”

Personally, I keep the forum community as a place to get answers for the software, though sometimes I’ve allowed myself to get dragged into arguments just for the fun of it, but realized it did impact some forumites negatively, so I try to keep away from that. 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 2904
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 12:56 PM

DAL:

GaoLu:

Culture.

Not necessarily...she did mention “online addictions” which can actually be serious, but that you wouldn’t understand if you‘ve never experienced it.  Thank her for her contributions and pray for her.

I’ve known some individuals that they talk about their online friends as if they were actual relationships in their lives, even if they’ve never met in person. Some even have a “Best Friend” who resides on Facebook and that can affect your “real day-to-day life.”

Personally, I keep the forum community as a place to get answers for the software, though sometimes I’ve allowed myself to get dragged into arguments just for the fun of it, but realized it did impact some forumites negatively, so I try to keep away from that. 👍😁👌

DAL

Thank you DAL for the clarification.  

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 11:41 PM

DAL:

GaoLu:

Culture.

DAL

Thanks for the explanation. No "best friends" online, but I do get addicted to the lure of information and knowledge, the never-ending rabbit trails one can disappear down while researching something interesting on the web, even if it seems to be in the service of a good cause. I dislike being cajoled by well-meaning members of the forums into spending more time on here. I perceive some of certain people's overtures towards me (just trying to be friendly) as "please spend more time here; we miss you." I had a knee-jerk reaction against that. Because for my physical health and sanity, I need to spend less time online.

So, again, apologies if I've offended anyone, especially Tes who really tries his best to make friends with so many people on the forums through his thread "We have become friends..." which he keeps bumping to get more people to notice it. I just don't want to be appreciated that much by him. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I want to be easily in and out of here once and a while, and not feel compelled (by pride) to go overboard providing help as I've done in the past. All the kudos, and congratulations for passing milestones of numbers of posts, etc., were part of my downfall in the past. Can't. Let. It. Happen. Again.

Enough said. Thanks for your understanding, all of you.

Posts 2904
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 1:21 AM

Rosie Perera:
especially Tes who really tries his best to make friends with so many people on the forums through his thread "We have become friends..." which he keeps bumping to get more people to notice it. I just don't want to be appreciated that much by him. It makes me feel uncomfortable

Well, it is embarrassing. I haven’t thought that I have offended to someone  upto this extent.Anyway eventhough it is not enjoyable there is a lesson which I can learn from it . If others have the same feeling about me  I am just ready to quit asking and posting on the forum. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 26244
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 1:48 AM

Tes:
If others have the same feeling about me  I am just ready to quit asking and posting on the forum.

I can speak only for myself. I'll admit that there are a few people, yourself included Tes, who I wait a bit to see if others answer. Why? because I know that there will be followup questions that I may or may not be around to answer. The followup questions are usually necessary because I was too terse in my answer or I misjudged what the OP already knows. Rosie is beloved precisely because she is not too terse and she is very good at judging what the OP already knows.  If you watch the forums, you'll see most of the MVP move in and out in how much they are involved. You need to expect that. But also understand, we all care that your questions are answered, that you keep learning new ways to use Logos. It would be a genuine loss, Tes, if you felt unwelcome. Your questions matter. As for the social relationship, people who have the time or the desire should have them .... just know some are not interested.

And, yes, I have made a couple of friends through the forums where we moved the friendship off the forums and into the real world.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 2:32 AM

Tes:
Well, it is embarrassing. I haven’t thought that I have offended to someone  upto this extent.Anyway eventhough it is not enjoyable there is a lesson which I can learn from it . If others have the same feeling about me  I am just ready to quit asking and posting on the forum. 

I hope you don't overreact. It's just me, not a general feeling from others. And it's not because you've done anything wrong. It's just what I personally am going through regarding spending too much time online. I can't go into more details as I need to stop interacting personally on this thread. See, I'm up late again which is bad for my health. Getting involved in interpersonal drama is my downfall. So if I'm retreating, it's about me, not you. Don't worry, Tes, folks here appreciate you.

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 3:07 AM

Just curious: Has anyone actually met with someone from here? 😁

DAL

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 3:34 AM

DAL:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/127664.aspx is an example of where I was privileged to meet up with someone from this community.

Posts 26244
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 2:28 PM

DAL:

DAL

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 2:59 PM

MJ. Smith:

DAL:

DAL

Yes

I just went back and read your previous post. Good for you if it worked out for you 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 2904
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2019 6:21 AM

Rosie Perera:

Tes:

I hope you don't overreact. It's just me, not a general feeling from others. And it's not because you've done anything wrong. It's just what I personally am going through regarding spending too much time online. I can't go into more details as I need to stop interacting personally on this thread. See, I'm up late again which is bad for my health. Getting involved in interpersonal drama is my downfall. So if I'm retreating, it's about me, not you. Don't worry, Tes, folks here appreciate you.

Thank you Rosie for the clarification. May God heal you from the pain and sickness you are passing through.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2904
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2019 8:02 AM

MJ. Smith:
It would be a genuine loss, Tes, if you felt unwelcome.

Thank you MJ.Smith. I have never felt unwelcome. I am very grateful for the help I have been receiving tremendous help. The case was only a surprise response. 

Blessings in Christ.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS