rearrange, reorder, and disable highlighters

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 166
Danny Zacharias | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 25 2019 7:03 AM

I would like to suggest that highlighters be made more customizable for users. Especially with the change to notes, the dropdown list of Highlight Style takes too much time, especially with a number of palettes that I don't even use. If these could be rearranged by users, we could place our most used ones at the top.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2019 7:52 AM

Danny Zacharias:
If these could be rearranged by users, we could place our most used ones at the top.

YesYes

This is the kind of usability stuff that doesn't seem like a big deal to do and would make a lot of people happy at relatively low cost.

(I'd argue the same thing for customization of the shortcut bar, but I've argued that for years and little has happened.)

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 21937
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2019 9:02 AM

Danny Zacharias:
If these could be rearranged by users, we could place our most used ones at the top.

Apart from the first four - system supplied - palettes the rest are arranged in alphabetical order.

So if you are able to rename them you can move your most used ones to the top.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2019 9:04 AM

Graham Criddle:
Apart from the first four - system supplied - palettes

Which take up the entire visible part of the tool, so scrolling is often necessary to get to your own palettes no matter how you name them.

Unfortunate.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 21937
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2019 9:27 AM

Doc B:
Which take up the entire visible part of the tool

I'm not arguing its perfect - just that its what we haveSmile

And if you collapse the top four palettes - which is plausible if you aren't using them - they don't take up a lot of space

Posts 1576
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2019 9:31 AM

I agree that the four system supplied palettes need to be user-modifiable, but, in the meantime I have been putting my most used at the very bottom of the list. Why at the bottom? Because it's easier to do a quick swipe on my trackpad (or iPad) and scroll to the very bottom (where it stops scrolling automatically), then to try to scroll to the middle and stop right at the position I need it.

Posts 166
Danny Zacharias | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2019 12:22 PM

And I most often access them in the drop down in a note - there they are always opened and in the default irder

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS