Some Pricing Corrections Needed(?)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 27 2019 7:43 AM

Sunday's "Daily Deal" on Logos.com, is the book "Who was Adam", by Hugh Ross.

The deal shows the sale price as $9.  Selecting the link for the book shows the regular price as $18.  The web page for the book then says you can get this book and save more by purchasing the nine volume "Hugh Ross Reasons to Believe" collection, for $130.

Pulling up this $130 collection shows that the cost of the nine volumes if bought separately would only be $127.  Hmmm.  The collection also shows the regular cost of "Who was Adam", as only being $9, versus the $18 shown when selecting the link for the Daily Deal.  Hmmm, hmmm. 

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2019 8:38 AM

The deal shows the sale price as $9.  Selecting the link for the book shows the regular price as $18

I just tried it, and got it for $9.00, original price was 17.00, maybe they fixed?

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2019 9:52 AM

Yes, Daily Deal sale price shows $9 as noted in original post.  Regular price still shows $17.99 (I rounded to $18 in original post).  Selecting the link for the 9 volume series still shows prices noted in original post.  Although …it did occur to me that "maybe" the reason the series shows just $9 instead of $18 as the cost of "Who was Adam" if bought separately, is that the series page is taking into account today's "Daily Deal" price on that item for today.  That would also explain why the price of the 9 volumes if bought separately might in this case be lower than the price of buying all nine volumes as a set. 

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2019 11:33 AM

Yes, it was only that one book "Who was Adam"

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2019 1:17 PM

I would have bought this today, only there is a revised edition that is twice the length.

Posts 2315
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2019 2:14 PM

It's a good book. I used my birthday voucher on it I think two years ago. Hopefully the revised edition will make it into Logos too. There have been plenty of fascinating discoveries since the first edition was published. Fuz Rana does have a lot of stuff on his blog, but it's always nicer to have the information in book form, searchable in Logos.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS