Joseph Dillow

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 834
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 29 2019 1:26 PM

I haven't read Joseph Dillow before but I'm interested in the rewards concept in scripture so was interested to see this book in Logos

https://www.logos.com/product/28529/reign-of-the-servant-kings-a-study-of-eternal-security-and-the-final-significance-of-man

However, I noted from Amazon that there is an updated version. I just searched Faithlife eBooks and lo and behold the revised edition is there and 1/3 of the Logos price.

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/167868/final-destiny-the-future-reign-of-the-servant-kings-4th-edition

Seems odd that it's not in Logos, but I'm grateful that it's in Faithlife eBooks and not one of those books that gets stuck in pre-pub.

Posts 2685
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 2:03 PM

Paul Caneparo:

I just searched Faithlife eBooks and low and behold the revised edition is there and 1/3 of the Logos price.

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/167868/final-destiny-the-future-reign-of-the-servant-kings-4th-edition

Seems odd that it's not in Logos, but I'm grateful that it's in Faithlife eBooks and not one of those books that gets stuck in pre-pub.

Thanks for drawing my attention to this. Much appreciated, and now in my librarySmile

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 9825
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 2:14 PM

Ted Hans:
Thanks for drawing my attention to this. Much appreciated, and now in my librarySmile

+1

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 21603
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 2:20 PM

Hi Paul

Many thanks - I have been waiting for that for some time

However, I don’t think this is an update of “Reign of...” But a new book

Graham

Posts 834
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 2:29 PM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Paul

Many thanks - I have been waiting for that for some time

However, I don’t think this is an update of “Reign of...” But a new book

Graham

Graham

From the Foreward:

IT HAS been over twenty years since the publication of Joseph Dillow’s groundbreaking book, The Reign of the Servant Kings (1991). In that work he contributed significantly to a new paradigm for understanding faith, works, assurance, eternal security and rewards. We are pleased to see this comprehensive update and revision called Final Destiny: The Future Reign of the Servant Kings. As the title indicates the final destiny of man is the reign of His servants, who serve, honor, and glorify God for all eternity.

Posts 398
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 3:53 PM

Paul,

Thank you for such wonderful info Yes

Posts 2186
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 9:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 21603
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 11:08 PM

Paul Caneparo:

From the Foreward:

IT HAS been over twenty years since the publication of Joseph Dillow’s groundbreaking book, The Reign of the Servant Kings (1991). In that work he contributed significantly to a new paradigm for understanding faith, works, assurance, eternal security and rewards. We are pleased to see this comprehensive update and revision called Final Destiny: The Future Reign of the Servant Kings. As the title indicates the final destiny of man is the reign of His servants, who serve, honor, and glorify God for all eternity.

Thanks Paul

Apologies - I tried to check before posting but missed that

I found the previous book really powerful and insightful and looking forward to this one.

Graham

Posts 834
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2019 12:55 AM

Graham Criddle:

Paul Caneparo:

From the Foreward:

Thanks Paul

Apologies - I tried to check before posting but missed that

I found the previous book really powerful and insightful and looking forward to this one.

Graham

It is odd that a revision has a different name. However, the book is significantly longer and covers additional material. In fact Amazon claim the book is 2,200 pages long. It has 66 chapters compared to 25 in the earlier book. Not going to be a quick read!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS