Does This Mean We Are Losing Our Free Original Starting March 1, 2019?

Page 5 of 7 (128 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 127 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 1821
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2019 9:15 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

You're right! Sorry about that.

It's 25% off a single order per month on Lexhampress.com.

So it's clear that as a customer of Faithlife Connect...our perks are getting smaller and diminishing. I don't see the real value on Logos Connect anymore. I feel like Logos is trying to gain back the money that they lost from announcing their "failed" Logos Connect's launch. It's shown recently even from the L8 dataset they're trying to sneak in in Mike Heiser's Unfiltered package... Shame.

And I don't know why they have to create another website(s) so we can use our coupons, when their current website is perfectly fine, .... unless I'm thinking they found loophole in IRS stuffs and dodging it together with their accounting department. Another shame.

At the end this is an enforcer for customers to spend their money with the new 25% coupon (reduced customer satisfaction)

I think I can survive without paying Logos Connect this year when it expire.

RIP Logos Connect

Posts 38
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2019 10:30 PM

Mike, I think that is too harsh.

I wouldn't have been able to afford the Logos 8 base package without my Faithlife connect membership.  Also, I believe they really are trying to make the changes less of an impact on the the already subscribed.  They changed the online library we have access too.  We didn't lose books you got new books added.  

They decided to change the Faithlife original book give away to a coupon.  So they offer us 3 classic books instead of just getting 2 books.  They have also informed they are trying to expand their classic book offerings.  

So yes, we are in fact losing something, that some people (including myself), however Faithlife is trying to give its customers a value.  

Let's see what happens before jumping to conclusions.  

Posts 166
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2019 11:29 PM

Ben,

Thank you for clarifying...

For the record, I for one have no real issues with this change. I don't need FLC for the LOGOS feature sets, I have 'em already.
I am in it for the discounts and the free stuff. From 2 books a month to three... Great! The "Originals" selection was a bit sparse for me as I usually ended up having a fair number of them already (and the selection was a bit limited). I have already seen at least one collection at Lexham Press that would be nice to get 25% off of.

Expanding the classics list is great. And I am looking forward to my 2% credit here shortly. So you have at least one person who is not upset and looking forward to what is to come Big Smile

Blessings to you.

Posts 288
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 5:45 AM

So, not to post all negatives. I reconsidered Connect and still see the value in it. I have enjoyed going through the 2 courses and our family has enjoyed Faithlife TV (especially their kid programs). It saves me money for not having to upgrade to L8 and the three classics a month will be nice. I probably won't use the 25% off coupon which would mean that I'd be spending 75% more than I was intending, but it will be nice to have 3 classics.

Posts 649
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 6:48 AM

Andrew Biddinger:

So, not to post all negatives. I reconsidered Connect and still see the value in it. I have enjoyed going through the 2 courses and our family has enjoyed Faithlife TV (especially their kid programs). It saves me money for not having to upgrade to L8 and the three classics a month will be nice. I probably won't use the 25% off coupon which would mean that I'd be spending 75% more than I was intending, but it will be nice to have 3 classics.

Yes

And the 2% rebate is great!

Posts 3653
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:59 AM

Steven New:

we are in fact losing something, that some people (including myself),...   

I too have valued some of the newer offerings more than I value access to another free classic, even though it's pretty hard to find something to want in the newer offerings given the selection is so limited each month.

At 25% off, I consider access to the newer offerings a total loss of benefit. I only buy commentaries, these days, & great ones at that. So access to newer offerings has been a significant part of what I considered FL Connect's value proposition.

I'll have to see how what I gain access to as a result of the change affects my value proposition before making any decision on renewal.

Steven New:

...however Faithlife is trying to give its customers a value.

Yes

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 649
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:24 AM

For the record, these are the numbers of available books today. I'm interested in the new Originals pre-pub on Hebrews.

FLCE Originals: 379

FLCE Classics: 3,186

Let's see what happens on March 1.

Posts 8
Richard Labelle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 1:06 PM

Steven New:

Mike, I think that is too harsh.

I wouldn't have been able to afford the Logos 8 base package without my Faithlife connect membership.  Also, I believe they really are trying to make the changes less of an impact on the the already subscribed.  They changed the online library we have access too.  We didn't lose books you got new books added.  

They decided to change the Faithlife original book give away to a coupon.  So they offer us 3 classic books instead of just getting 2 books.  They have also informed they are trying to expand their classic book offerings.  

So yes, we are in fact losing something, that some people (including myself), however Faithlife is trying to give its customers a value.  

a wise response Steven ...

Posts 22
Paul Lehr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 8:50 AM

4. FL Connect Essentials (No Library) subscribers did not receive the new books on Jan 1. They will receive the new libraries when we change the ebooks benefit on March 1.

Ben,

My interpretation of this is that even though I am subscribed to the FL Connect Essentials (No Library) option, I will be seeing some additional temporary licensed resources  being added on March 1. 

Is this a proper interpretation?

Thanks

Posts 3067
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 11:28 AM

Paul Lehr:

4. FL Connect Essentials (No Library) subscribers did not receive the new books on Jan 1. They will receive the new libraries when we change the ebooks benefit on March 1.

Ben,

My interpretation of this is that even though I am subscribed to the FL Connect Essentials (No Library) option, I will be seeing some additional temporary licensed resources  being added on March 1. 

Thanks

Bump

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 12:17 PM

It would also be nice to receive an email about this.

Posts 854
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 2:56 PM

Paul Lehr:

Ben,

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Yes, that is correct.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 854
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 2:56 PM

Mike Pettit:

You should see one soon.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 38
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 3:53 AM

I reread what I said, and I can't say it is a wise response.  I have a bad habit of not proofreading or editing my posts on message boards and I am embarrassed by my half thoughts and overall errors.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 2:06 PM

Mike Pettit:

You should see one soon.

i have not received any email notification, is this confirmed for everyone?

Posts 3067
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 2:16 PM

Mike Pettit:

Mike Pettit:

You should see one soon.

i have not received any email notification, is this confirmed for everyone?

I got an email in early February I believe. It stated:

We’re Making a Change to Faithlife Connect

Ready to build your library? Beginning March 1, 2019, Faithlife Connect Essentials subscribers and above will receive a monthly coupon code for 25% off an order on Lexham Press.

This discount will only be valid on a single transaction each month on LexhamPress.com, and includes both print and digital books.

Additionally, we added more books to your library at the beginning of January, many of which are original content from Faithlife (Faithlife Ebook Originals). As of March 1, 2019, Faithlife Connect Essentials subscribers and above can redeem three free ebooks each month, now from the Faithlife classics ebook list.

Posts 612
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 2:35 PM

Jake Press (Faithlife):

Lastly, we are also expanding how many classics you get on a monthly basis as well. As of March 1st, you will be able to redeem 3 Classics from the entire 3,000+ list.

Looking forward to this! Will future classic commentary sets (ie those currently in CP/pre-pub) be added to the list?

Posts 12
Michael_H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:47 AM

We are expanding the list of Classic ebooks that qualify.

FL Connect Essentials (No Library) subscribers did not receive the new books on Jan 1. They will receive the new libraries when we change the ebooks benefit on March 1.

Can anyone see the list of available Classic ebooks has been expanded? It appears to be the same list to me

Can anyone confirm the content of the "new libraries" now availalbe? No books added to my library, yet

Thanks,

Posts 217
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 7:14 AM

Michael_H:

Can anyone confirm the content of the "new libraries" now availalbe? No books added to my library, yet

No books added on my end yet. Is it because I already have all the books that they were intending to add as temporary resources? [unlikely]

Page 5 of 7 (128 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS