Not Upgraded to 8

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 6
LogosEmployee
Brian Kent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 7 2019 1:58 PM

I want to talk to you about Logos 8 before time runs out on launch.

My name is Brian, I am the Inside Sales manager here at our Bellingham office. Since Logos 8 has come out, our team has had the chance to talk with thousands of pastors, lay people and academics about their Bible study needs and wants. We don't want you to miss out on getting Logos 8, before your price goes up tomorrow, because of unanswered questions. We want to hear what may be holding you back and help you make the most informed decision about your upgrade.

Call us at 888-875-9491 or email sales@logos.com. We are here all day (midnight PST to be exact) ready to help before your price goes up tomorrow.

Posts 2689
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 2:33 PM

Can I just add my 2c, initially I was disappointed I upgraded, but now a few weeks in, and with some of the fixes released, I think v8 is a definite must.. even though there is a couple of things on the pending list which I would prefer now... I am so glad I took the opportunity

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 2:34 PM

Great reminder Brian. I hope lots of people upgrade before the price goes up.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2021
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 2:41 PM

Even after the price goes up L8 is worth it.  Cool   But why not get it now?

Posts 1788
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 6:17 PM

DominicM:
there is a couple of things on the pending list which I would prefer now

I'd love to know what's on the top of your list.

Posts 40
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 6:51 PM

Phil:

For me as a beginner user, I would like to see:

1) An advanced search option that helps a beginner select all the power search options without having to remember how to put the code in.

2) Dark mode

3) Maybe add an option for additional users and each user could pick their preferred resources.  This could be great for families and also great for power users that use different resources for different tasks.  Maybe one commentary is great just for Bible study but another is great for word studies and having a nice word study profile could be helpful.  

4) More functional home screen.  

Posts 1073
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 8:09 PM

In my mind, upgrading now is worthwhile just for the big discounts on libraries. I surprised myself, buying 4 with this release.

Gotta remember that more than anything else, Logos is all about the books.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

DominicM:
there is a couple of things on the pending list which I would prefer now

I'd love to know what's on the top of your list.

I agree about the home page. It has lost nearly all functionality in comparison to what it was. Most of what I used to do with it I now have to do through the pulldown menus. For the first time ever, I've set Logos to open to a layout rather than the home page.

The Theology Guide has also been a huge disappointed. You guys ought to be hugely embarrassed about having released it in its present state.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 34
Chi Shun Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:47 PM

Yes,

I agree - Dark Mode.

I don't understand why Logos on the computer does not have Dark mode when the mobile form does. I can't see how it could be too difficult to add dark mode for the users. We need it because sometimes we use the program for hours.

Please add Dark Mode.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 6:47 AM

Chi Shun Cheung:

Yes,

I agree - Dark Mode.

I don't understand why Logos on the computer does not have Dark mode when the mobile form does. I can't see how it could be too difficult to add dark mode for the users. We need it because sometimes we use the program for hours.

Please add Dark Mode.

I agree with Chi Shun:  DARK MODE, please.

Posts 339
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 6:56 AM

Steven New:

Can you say more about this? The Logos 8 Home page was re-designed as "a place to start work, not a place to do work." Do you feel like it meets that goal? What other functionality would you like to see on the Home page? 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 1774
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 7:05 AM

Steven New:

For me as a beginner user, I would like to see:

3) Maybe add an option for additional users and each user could pick their preferred resources.  This could be great for families and also great for power users that use different resources for different tasks.  Maybe one commentary is great just for Bible study but another is great for word studies and having a nice word study profile could be helpful.  

I don't presume to know how familiar you are with the program but since you identify yourself "as a beginner user", Are you aware that you can create custom layouts that only open specific resources (for different tasks)?

Defining Collections allows power users to pick the resources to perform specific tasks.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1073
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 7:43 AM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Steven New:

Can you say more about this? The Logos 8 Home page was re-designed as "a place to start work, not a place to do work." Do you feel like it meets that goal? What other functionality would you like to see on the Home page? 

To start with, restore stuff you removed:

1. Be able to see the next few days' readings in your reading plans, not just "You've completed your reading for the day."
  2. Be able to open the reading plan document from the card.
  3. Be able to see what the lectionary's readings are for the upcoming Sunday, not just "Fifth Sunday after Epiphany". That doesn't tell enough.
  4. The library preview and excerpts are sorely missed.

Mind you, I do like the look of the new home page, but I think you've given far more attention to form than function. I have no reason to go to the home page now. I turned off your advertising after I learned it was unmoderated, and now if I change my mind about that, the menu glitch prevents me from turning the options back on. And to start a workflow or what not, I can find what I want more easily and quickly through the menus than trying to locate it on the home page. The page is pretty but is a big step backwards in terms of usefulness, at least for someone who has been using Logos for more than a few weeks.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 21638
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 7:44 AM

Sean:

• Be able to see the next few days' readings in your reading plans, not just "You've completed your reading for the day."
  • Be able to open the reading plan document from the card.

I agree that both of these would be really helpful.

Posts 9964
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 7:49 AM

Brian Kent (Faithlife):

Actually, to be truthful, you wanted to talk about Logos 8 packages. And FL does this little charade every 2 years ... we see it in the angry recipients of your emails that imply Logos 8 is package upgrades.

But in answer, the obvious holdback is Logos 8 will soon have a 100% discount!!  Yes!

Not for me, though I'm really not sure. I got the Logos7 upgrade that has Logos 8 features. Who knows.

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 8:01 AM

Brian Kent (Faithlife):

My name is Brian, I am the Inside Sales manager here at our Bellingham office. Since Logos 8 has come out, our team has had the chance to talk with thousands of pastors, lay people and academics about their Bible study needs and wants. We don't want you to miss out on getting Logos 8, before your price goes up tomorrow, because of unanswered questions. We want to hear what may be holding you back and help you make the most informed decision about your upgrade.

Call us at 888-875-9491 or email sales@logos.com. We are here all day (midnight PST to be exact) ready to help before your price goes up tomorrow.

I'm a Connect Subscriber and I debated about upgrading to 4 different packages. In the end, I felt it wasn't something that I really really needed at this point. They were good sales so I don't have any complaints there. I usually get Reformed packages but I wasn't blown away with the offerings. (Of course, this is based on my budget). I suppose it just didn't meet my needs this time. Hope that helps. 

Cheers,

ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 6154
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 10:51 AM

The package I’ll get in the future didn’t go up in price as much, so I’ll get it later when I’m able to. 👍😁👌

Posts 1406
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 11:09 AM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Steven New:

I enjoyed to see random topics picked from my library in L7. I have large library, and it picked many different topics, graphics, and brought to my attention many different books.  This feature is greatly missed. In fact, I dont like to go to home page anymore. I don;t need advertising. I know I can disable it now, but without book preview, it looks just empty and boring. I don't enjoy the blogs because it takes me away from Logos to internet browser. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 3109
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 11:47 AM

Wild Eagle:
I enjoyed to see random topics picked from my library in L7. I have large library, and it picked many different topics, graphics, and brought to my attention many different books.  This feature is greatly missed.

Ditto. I loved the discoveries. The graphics and library excerpts engaged me, and I used to spend time on the Home page. It was a place where I would unexpectedly start reading.

Posts 2689
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 12:32 PM

Phil - its low on the list, but importing custom images/photos in canvas would probably be the one that would be most used by me

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 118
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2019 12:57 PM

Wild Eagle:
I enjoyed to see random topics picked from my library in L7. I have large library, and it picked many different topics, graphics, and brought to my attention many different books.  This feature is greatly missed. In fact, I dont like to go to home page anymore. I don;t need advertising. I know I can disable it now, but without book preview, it looks just empty and boring. I don't enjoy the blogs because it takes me away from Logos to internet browser. 

YesYesYes

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS