Favorites disappeared

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 38 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 13 2019 3:10 AM

Somehow my favorites have completely disappeared.  There is nothing i know of that can explain this.  I need to get them back.  I have a backup from a month ago...but I dont want to go that route if it is possible to get everything back. 

Anyone have any thoughts?

Attached are the logs that I have on my computer

8666.PBB_4f750cc24bc34299bbda593207e3248a_2019-02-13T10_04_11Z.log

3113.LogosError-2.log

4401.LogosError.log

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 3:17 AM

I purchased a book today, and I placed it into a favorites folder...so I had the favorites today.  But now they are all gone!  At first, there were no folders showing, only a few dozen favorites (I have hundreds of favorites).  I checked favorites on my android phone app and that showed i had no favorites.  Now on the computer, I still only show a few dozen.

What is going on?

Posts 21365
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 3:20 AM

Please post a screenshot showing your Favorites folder.

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 3:33 AM

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 3:37 AM

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 3:38 AM

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 3:39 AM

From the screen shot you can see a few dozen favorites.  But I used to have many folders...folders in folders...several years of work on my favorites which I use alot

Posts 21365
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:04 AM

I've never seen anything like this - very concerning.

I would recommend contacting Customer Services.

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:07 AM

I have never seen anything like this either.  And yes, I rely on those favorites.  They simply disappeared except for a few as you can see from the screenshot.

And on my phone...there are NO favorites.  How is that possible?

I am in Europe for another week and depend on those favorites.  I will use a backup in 24 hours if I cannot get a response.  But this is troubling. 

Posts 21365
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:16 AM

Mark:
I will use a backup in 24 hours if I cannot get a response.

I'm not sure a backup will help if you are working online if these changes have been synced to the cloud.

Posts 21365
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:17 AM

Is there any possibility you are using a different Logos account when you are seeing this lack of folders?

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:26 AM

What I mean by a backup...

Using method 2 on the quick installation on multiple computer instructions.  If I have a backup from a month ago, I should be able to restore my files back one month.  Then there would be downloads of whatever updates and resources came from the past month.  I would think that should work...although I have made a lot of changes in this past month to the favorites.  It would be better than nothing.  I am not going to be able to reproduce my favorites ever again...it has been evolving for years to the point of where I had it.

I really think this must be a glitch from the server and i am hoping that somehow, I can get it back.

I know who to call / email for sales...but not for technical issues.  As I mentioned, I am traveling, preaching and cannot easily contact Logos until I am home...and I cannot wait that long.

There must be a sync issue.

(and no, I am not using a different account. But I appreciate your brainstorm)

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:31 AM

I do know that twice since L8 has come out, I have been asked to re-sign in on my computer.  The first time it happened, I was getting up to preach and I opened up logos (offline) and was told to sign in which should not have happened.  When I signed in, it rejected my sign in.  So I had to use my phone as an internet connection to log into my computer online to log into Logos.  That was a bit unnerving. 

The second time I was asked to re-sign in was this morning when I opened up logos.  But that should not be happening.  It always automatically signs me in.  This morning since I am online, I simply signed in and the account came up.  And the favorites were all there.  I purchased a resource, added it to the favorites in the appropriate folder.  Then I created a personal book...and was to add that to favorites when I now noticed, the favorites were gone.

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:41 AM

How do you sign out of logos desktop anyway?  I cannot find a way to do it and if i cannot sign up, how is it that i have been asked to sign back in twice in the past since the beginning of this month?

Posts 21365
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:41 AM

Mark:
I know who to call / email for sales...but not for technical issues.  As I mentioned, I am traveling, preaching and cannot easily contact Logos until I am home...and I cannot wait that long.

Contact details are at https://www.logos.com/contact 

Posts 21365
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:43 AM

Mark:
How do you sign out of logos desktop anyway?  I cannot find a way to do it and if i cannot sign up, how is it that i have been asked to sign back in twice in the past since the beginning of this month?

Hold down the Ctrl key when starting Logos and you should get a login dialog box

And from what you said above it does sound like it could be some form of account issue. When the favorites are missing, do you still have access to all your resources?

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:50 AM

Graham Criddle:
And from what you said above it does sound like it could be some form of account issue. When the favorites are missing, do you still have access to all your resources?

It appears I still have access to all resources in the library.  Just a problem with my Favorites folder. 

Posts 1859
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 6:01 AM

Does anyone know which folder in Windows 10 would have the logos favorites?  Would it be the documents folder? Data folder? User folder?

Posts 21365
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 6:04 AM

Mark:

Does anyone know which folder in Windows 10 would have the logos favorites?  Would it be the documents folder? Data folder? User folder?

I think it's under Documents -> unique id -> FavoritesManager

Posts 7865
LogosEmployee

I've asked someone from the sync team to take a look at this thread.

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS