Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar, 4th ed coming to Logos?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 14 2019 1:30 AM

Hi,

I saw it has become available. Will it be coming to Logos soon?

Scott

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 3:07 AM

Looks like it was released in conjunction with Basics of Biblical Hebrew 3rd edition.

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 5:46 AM

I saw only 3rd edition. Can you give me link of the 4th?

Posts 1836
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 5:49 AM

Logos does not carry the 4th edition.   You can find it on Amazon.

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 5:54 AM

Won't have this in the future?

Posts 1836
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 7:43 AM

Only time will tell if Logos will carry it.

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 7:44 AM

I really hope they do. I like the platform of Logos a lot more than Amz

Posts 1836
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 7:47 AM

This will give you the changes in the fourth edition.

1882.bbg4_updates_one_sheet.pdf

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 8:12 AM

• Scholarship's new understanding of the middle voice has been included, and teachers are invited to decide which approach to use. The same goes for the debate over σα and θη forms. QR codes will point you to YouTube presentations on some of these issues.
  • Aspectual language is now used throughout. So the book talks about the imperfective aspect, imperfect tense, perfective aspect, aorist tense, combinative aspect, and the perfect tense. I always include the words "aspect" and "tense" to avoid confusion.

These two improvements are so fundamental I can't imagine Logos not carrying it.

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 2:53 PM

Thanks so much. Hope to get it asap.

Posts 246
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 1:39 AM

Lee - From what I understand Con Campbell has been a main voice w. regard to amendments in the midd. voice, but I am a bit unclear what the new understanding is (?).  

Does it have more to do w. blending the midd. w. the pass. voice?  Is there a link summarizing recent consensus on this?  

My Greek prof. often says that there are “extremely few true middles in the GNT.”

Sorry for the bother, but this newer force to the midd. has my interest piqued 🤓!  Thank you in advance 👍.

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 3:47 AM

I'm not sure if Campbell played a role in this. From what I understand his contribution has been more about Aktionsart.

Chapter 18 of The Greek Verb Revisited: A Fresh Approach for Biblical Exegesis has a solid discussion on the middle voice by Rachel Aubrey.

Exegetically, the middle has minor significance. The arguments (causative? agentive?) can be quite arcane.

From what I've seen so far (don't have it yet) the 4th edition of BBG looks like a good upgrade.

Posts 246
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 4:29 AM

Now that you mention it Lee, I think you’re absolutely correct about Campbell’s emphasis on Aktionsart (which, honestly, I learned in Greek I).  Looking into the link you posted.  Looks very interesting.  

Much appreciated!  

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 11:35 PM

Too bad that I can't wait...plus Amz's price is really competitive!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS