To Mr Bob

Page 1 of 4 (65 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 64 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 3 2010 2:07 AM

I have been asking to see the Amharic Bible included in your format for a long time, even though it would not be your priority, I would like to ask once again.

Blessings in Christ

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 10:12 PM

I'd like the Bible in Amharic as well.

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 3:32 AM

I have no doubt once it is known that the Amharic bible is available in Logos ,many Amharic and Tigrinya speakers  will be interested in logos products as well.but apart of this ,I think it would be good as well,if logos extends its bible software products  to the horn of Africa ,as the Ethiopians and Eritreans might profit from it ,in our case if some one knows some thing good ,he can tell what he has exeprienced to the other,I still hope to have a positive response from the presisent.

God bles you! 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 11:52 AM

Tes:
to the horn of Africa ,as the Ethiopians and Eritreans might profit from it

I'm not suggesting that having the Amharic Bible is not a good idea, but a fundamental problem with Logos 4 is that it requires fairly extensive bandwidth to update it and to install "download" only resources which are not part of the Platinum collection. The difficulty is that the internet is not suitable in many places in Africa for this in that it is not available or extremely expensive.  DVD update disks have been discussed, but until they are Logos 4 sits on the other side of the digital divide.

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 1:15 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

Tes:

I'm not suggesting that having the Amharic Bible is not a good idea, but a fundamental problem with Logos 4 is that it requires fairly extensive bandwidth to update it and to install "download" only resources which are not part of the Platinum collection. The difficulty is that the internet is not suitable in many places in Africa for this in that it is not available or extremely expensive.  DVD update disks have been discussed, but until they are Logos 4 sits on the other side of the digital divide.

Donovan R. Palmer:

Tes:

Well, Donovan, I think your point of view is  based on  the situation of Africa,but in some way a great number of our society is living outside, you might at least heard the persecution of the Christians in Ethiopia and Eritrea by the communist regime,and it has not ceased yet, if not in Ethiopia,on one way these people who abroad could be a channel of providing them softwares as logos,and on the other way ,there are who could aford ,the expences and have also the facility to do as we do.I have called a pastor in the USA today, I have guided him ,to see the logos home page he told he has never heard about it,he was excited about it ,becuase he was busy ,he postponded our conservation for another day.So once they know the Amharic  bible is there ,I have no doubt many will be interested in the logos software.apart of these about including the file in logos format logos has full capacity, any way thank you for your comments,even though it seems not - deserving to give response by logos.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 5 2010 6:34 AM

Still keeping knocking the door.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 5 2010 6:40 AM

Tes:

. . . "knock knock knockin' on Bellingham's doooor. . . " (apologies to Bob Dylan)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 5:07 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Tes:

. . . "knock knock knockin' on Bellingham's doooor. . . " (apologies to Bob Dylan)

I have knocked and knoched the door,it looks like no body is in the house.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 6:27 AM

Tes:

Dan DeVilder:

Tes:

Someone's knockin' at the door
somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favour, open the door
and let 'em in...

(apologies to Paul McCartney and Wings)

Tes, unfortunately Bob doesn't have time to read all the threads on the forum. Yes, he does have ultimate authority to make these sorts of decisions, but as CEO of the company I'm sure he delegates the decisions about what books they publish to whoever is in charge of the book publishing department. Bill Nienhuis is the director of publisher relations, so he might be a good person to try. You can find his email address if you Google his name (in quotes) and "logos.com." Most people's email addresses there are in the form of firstname at logos dot com (if unique) or first initial of first name followed by last name at logos.com, and some of the newer people are first name dot last name at logos dot com.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:19 AM

Rosie Perera:
Tes, unfortunately Bob doesn't have time to read all the threads on the forum

This is something that Logos needs to work on (No, not Bob reading more threads...), I have watched Tes pleading for this particular Bible and there never is a response from Logos (the same for a lot of suggestions). The feed back from Logos needs to be improved, rather than a black hole where we "hope" Bob hears us. Even a canned response to the suggestions@logos.com address that lets people know that their suggestion has been heard, and possibly gives a brief synopsis of the process that a book needs to go through in order to be a viable prospect for Logos to publish.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:26 AM

Terry Poperszky:
The feed back from Logos needs to be improved, rather than a black hole where we "hope" Bob hears us.

While more feedback always pleases me, still, have you ever known a company - ever - to provide as much customer interaction as Logos? They go way beyond what most companies are willing to do. Sure, I'd like it if they answered every one of my questions, comments, or suggestions, but as it is I'm amazed at how much does get a response.

From what I've seen, Logos always notes suggestions but rarely responds to them. They don't like to give away what they may or may not be working on. So keep asking, but also know you've been heard. If not Bob himself, there are others at Logos paying attention, and they send info and requests where they need to go.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:43 AM

Chris Roberts:
Sure, I'd like it if they answered every one of my questions, comments, or suggestions, but as it is I'm amazed at how much does get a response.

Isn't diversity great? I personally find Logos very reactive and inconsistent in their responses. Yes, Bob does respond more than any other CEO I know of.

Chris Roberts:
From what I've seen, Logos always notes suggestions but rarely responds to them.
Well, I agree that they rarely respond to them, which is why a canned response such as I suggested might make that lack of response easier to take. As for them noting them all, I don't know what you are basing that belief on, so I really can't judge it's validity. 

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:46 AM

Terry Poperszky:

Even a canned response to the suggestions@logos.com address that lets people know that their suggestion has been heard, and possibly gives a brief synopsis of the process that a book needs to go through in order to be a viable prospect for Logos to publish.

Note that it's suggest@logos.com, not suggestions...  Yes, it would be nice to get a canned response after sending to this address.

I agree with Chris, though, too: Logos is way more responsive than most companies are. And the fact that they publish the email addresses of their top executives is almost unheard of!

I'm sure they have heard the request for the Amharic Bible. They collect a list of books that have been requested. That doesn't mean they will produce them all, though. Or at least not necessarily soon. If one or two people want it, it might not get as much attention as if 40 people have requested it. And there's the difficulty of a whole new character set which they've never published in before. And is there anyone in-house who has the expertise to work with this language to make sure tagging is done correctly, and to proofread, etc.? There are all kinds of criteria we don't even know about. So unfortunately, I wouldn't get my hopes up for this coming out in the near future. Even though it has millions of native speakers, Amharic is pretty far down on the list of how many native speakers there are, below quite a number of other languages that Logos has not yet produced a Bible in. So you'll need to wait your turn.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:51 AM

Rosie Perera:
Note that it's suggest@logos.com, not suggestions... 

Now you did it Rosie, you gave the real address to all the spammers, where as my fake address does nothing but cause them to waste time.

BTW, I agree with your assessment. 

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:21 AM

Rosie Perera:
Logos is way more responsive than most companies are.

Yes, you are right on the CEO responsiveness - second to none! However regarding the specific issue of book suggestion another software vendor (eg one that helps folks to word search the bible) is able to give you feedback & updates on your book suggestions, which is very helpful & I think that is what is lacking that Logos could improve on. That said, if I have a query on a book suggestion i usually email someone at Logos and he usually gives and gets the info for me that I am interested in. For that I am grateful.

Ted.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 12:37 PM

Rosie Perera:

Tes:

Dan DeVilder:

Tes:

Someone's knockin' at the door
somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favour, open the door
and let 'em in...

(apologies to Paul McCartney and Wings)

Tes, unfortunately Bob doesn't have time to read all the threads on the forum. Yes, he does have ultimate authority to make these sorts of decisions, but as CEO of the company I'm sure he delegates the decisions about what books they publish to whoever is in charge of the book publishing department. Bill Nienhuis is the director of publisher relations, so he might be a good person to try. You can find his email address if you Google his name (in quotes) and "logos.com." Most people's email addresses there are in the form of firstname at logos dot com (if unique) or first initial of first name followed by last name at logos.com, and some of the newer people are first name dot last name at logos dot com.

Rosie, Bob has many friends who understand how busy he is, but nobody understands me how desperately I want to see my Favorite Bible included, where I feel at home in Logos my favorite software.I am knocking and knocking and knocking ?????

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:17 PM

Tes:

Rosie, Bob has many friends who understand how busy he is, but nobody understands me how desperately I want to see my Favorite Bible included, where I feel at home in Logos my favorite software.I am knocking and knocking and knocking ?????

Yes, we understand how desperate you are, Tes. But we are not able to do anything about it. I am very sorry. Desperation does not always bring results. Think of all the starving people in your homeland. They are desperate, but does that bring a solution to their hunger any faster? Pray that God will give you patience. Sometimes waiting produces that fruit of the Spirit. And remember, not all human beings are like the judge who finally gave in to the persistent widow's pleading. (Luke 18:1-8).

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 4:15 PM

Chris Roberts:
but also know you've been heard. If not Bob himself, there are others at Logos paying attention, and they send info and requests where they need to go.

Dear Chris ,do you mean we have to take it by faith?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 4:26 PM

Rosie Perera:
Think of all the starving people in your homeland. They are desperate, but does that bring a solution to their hunger any fas

Rosie, I think first of all it is out of context and at the same time it violates the regulations of the Forum. I have never expected such words from you.  

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 4:30 PM

Tes:

Rosie Perera:
Think of all the starving people in your homeland. They are desperate, but does that bring a solution to their hunger any fas

Rosie, I think first of all it is out of context and at the same time it violates the regulations of the Forum. I have never expected such words from you.  

Tes, I'm sorry if you found my words hard to understand or out of place on this forum. Some things to not translate well across cultures and we need to be very sensitive of each other and not assume the other person means any harm, just as well as I should be careful not to accidentally offend you when no offense was meant. Please forgive, and lets move on. I just wanted you to understand that your wishes are valid but that does not mean they will necessarily get a response, and that is a pity, but there is not much we can do about it. I grieve for you and all those in desperation, but that doesn't make me able to fix it for you. I hope you understood I was trying to be compassionate not insulting.

Page 1 of 4 (65 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS