Logos 7 versus Logos 8

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 80
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2019 4:01 PM

This is what I rcvd from Logos Support. I read the article, & that's what I understood it to mean. Am I wrong? I did notice that highlighted text in a cmty under L8 was not highlighted in L7. I had to re-highlight those passages.

"Though what your fellow-forum person wrote is correct, there are risks associated with running this command. We have a guide that goes more into depth regarding how to use this setting here: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018336332. We highly recommend following the guide to avoid loss of sync data.

"Following this command will visually revert your notes back to Logos 7, but your account will still have been converted to Logos 8. Reverting the notes will not make it possible to downgrade to Logos 7."

Posts 21920
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 1:53 AM

Angelia Ulrich:
I did notice that highlighted text in a cmty under L8 was not highlighted in L7. I had to re-highlight those passages.

Yes - that's because notes sync is a one-way process:

• Logos 7 style notes sync into the Logos 8 environment
  • Logos 8 style notes don't sync back into the Logos 7 environment

Angelia Ulrich:
"Though what your fellow-forum person wrote is correct, there are risks associated with running this command. We have a guide that goes more into depth regarding how to use this setting here: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018336332. We highly recommend following the guide to avoid loss of sync data.

There are potential risks but Adam (Logos 8 product manager) helpfully clarified this at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/178008/1034390.aspx#1034390 

If you take note of the caveats Adam mentioned you should be fine

Posts 80
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 3:20 AM

GM. That is reallly helpful. I think Adam's post should be highlighted in red! It wasn't something readily available when I searched the Forum's. I probably just didn't find it. So reassuring. Thank you so much for clarifying this. I will continue to learn the new notes system though!

Posts 80
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 3:49 AM

New question: My notes will not conform to my default in Settings. Is there anyway to correct this? In L7 there was also a button to convert text to my set up default; I don't see it in L8. Also, comments I copy from a cmty don't highlight the source. If you'd rather I'd set this up as a new item in the Forum, please let me know. I am sure you are busy. Thank you.

Posts 21920
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 4:30 AM

Angelia Ulrich:
My notes will not conform to my default in Settings. Is there anyway to correct this?

Are you referring to fonts or to something else?

Angelia Ulrich:
Also, comments I copy from a cmty don't highlight the source.

If you mean providing a link to the source as shown in the screenshot below, this was added in 8.3 beta 4 (we expect 8.3 to ship to the stable channel on 4 March)

Posts 80
Angelia Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 4:12 PM

I'm sorry. I was unclear. Yes, the font - style & size - set in my Settings does not work. At least in L7 we could click on a button & change it to what we set as default. I just wish when I copied/pasted from a resource that it would paste in my default font style/size setting as it did in L7.

I'm glad they are bringing back the links for resources. This makes study so much easier than having to open the resource & try to find what I had highlighted.

Thanks again.

Posts 21920
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 1:56 AM

Angelia Ulrich:
Yes, the font - style & size - set in my Settings does not work. At least in L7 we could click on a button & change it to what we set as default. I just wish when I copied/pasted from a resource that it would paste in my default font style/size setting as it did in L7.

Yes - setting default fonts in notes is on the list of things to be added in.

It's #7 in the upcoming features list at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016616512-Notes-FAQ 

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:28 PM

Angelia Ulrich:

I have just "upgraded" to the free basic L8. I do not care for it for 3 reasons:

1. My Notes which I frequently use & depend upon are no longer listed by verse but by the beginning of the sentence of each note. This is not useful to me & takes up too much real estate.

2. My font default settings no longer work.

3. The logistics of the program at the top take up too much real estate.

Tho I know I may lose some functionality of the new upgrade, I would like to return to Logos 7. Can anyone help me, please? Thank you.

You can find the Logos 7 installer from your Logos 7 order. You can also use the direct link such as this for macOS: http://downloads.logos.com/LBS7/Installer/LogosMac.dmg

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS