Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 16 2019 7:27 PM

I’m trying to understand what’s really included in Faithlife Connect, here are the 2 key links on the matter:

1. https://connect.faithlife.com/pricing
  2. https://connect.faithlife.com/get-started

Here are my questions, most of them related to the sections in the 1st link:

1. which resources will be owned? Is it only the 2 books from “Faithlife Ebooks Subscription—Download Christian books every month for no extra charge”, where all other license are temporary?
  2. How about “Bible Study Magazine—Get 6 digital issues right inside your Logos library”? The language might suggest that it will be owned. But it seems to be a temporary license. And which one among these are the 6 digital issues referred to here? 
  3. How about “Featured book—Get month-long access to a select free resource”? This is different from the 2 in “Faithlife Ebooks Subscription”, but I can’t see it in the 2nd link.
  4. From this post https://community.logos.com/forums/p/178423/1031580.aspx#1031580, there’s a “Logos 8 upgrade discount for Connect subscribers”, which hasn’t shown up in mine. Is it because I’ve Academic discount?
  5. Lastly, why aren’t there an academic discount for Faithlife Connect? Often time there’s 50% discount on subscriptions like this for academic (Amazon Prime, Spotify, Apple Music, etc.)

Thanks.

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2019 8:23 PM

Please ignore question 3, I've found it when I scroll down to the end from the 2nd link

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2019 9:04 PM

Kolen Cheung:
which resources will be owned? Is it only the 2 books from “Faithlife Ebooks Subscription—Download Christian books every month for no extra charge”, where all other license are temporary?

Yes, the free books you choose each month are permanent. The other resources which all Connect subscribers automatically get are temporary and will go away if your subscription lapses.

Kolen Cheung:
How about “Bible Study Magazine—Get 6 digital issues right inside your Logos library”? The language might suggest that it will be owned. But it seems to be a temporary license. And which one among these are the 6 digital issues referred to here?

You only get a permanent license if you purchase the digital edition separately.

Otherwise, the six digital issues for 2019 will found in Volume 11, the 2018 issues in Volume 10.

Kolen Cheung:
From this post https://community.logos.com/forums/p/178423/1031580.aspx#1031580, there’s a “Logos 8 upgrade discount for Connect subscribers”, which hasn’t shown up in mine. Is it because I’ve Academic discount?

Yes. Discounts don't stack, so you would automatically get the greater of the two discounts, which is Academic in your case.

Kolen Cheung:
Lastly, why aren’t there an academic discount for Faithlife Connect? Often time there’s 50% discount on subscriptions like this for academic (Amazon Prime, Spotify, Apple Music, etc.)

Good question. Maybe someone from FL would know.

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2019 5:27 AM

Thanks!

I think in the past discount stacks in Logos. It might a certain kind of sense to both parties if it stacks as a product but not a sum (I.e. 10% off after 25% off is 0.75 x 0.9 = 0.675 not 35% off) and because otherwise most of the time people having academic discount don't really have a special discount for example at launch. Ie it becomes much harder for people having academic discount to make extra savings. One could argue that then the academics can spend less time to look for extra savings because they got the best deal already, but in reality because of their financial status they will just keep looking for it, and given academic discounts often is better than the others and they don't stack, deal (better than academic) can rarely be found and hence more time is spent to look for it.

Another related example is pre-pub, occasionally some pre-pub didn't beat the academic discount. And if an academic bought the pre-pub, they actually pay more than to wait for it to launch and then buy at academic pricing. So pre-pub is designed to be a way to help customers to save money and that's the incentive for people to join, but it could actually becomes a way to waste money for academic customers.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS