Duplicate hyperlinks in personal book

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 154
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 18 2019 3:49 AM

Hello:

I'm trying to build a personal book. When I enter an hyperlink to any resource of my library, and hover it, I obtain the text twice:

I've tried with several resources and all behave the same way. The bible hyperlinks that are created automatically are right. Of course, when I press the link the resource opens at the hyperlinked point as expected.

Any suggestion to avoid that duplicity?

Thanks!

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 4:08 AM

It might help if you could provide screen shots to explain the issue. Also, which version of the app are you using? This thread may be moved to the appropriate forum (L7 or L8)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 154
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 1:26 PM

Thank you. I use Logos 8. The post should have included a screenshot but somehow it hasn't been published. Here it is:

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 2:19 PM

If this came from a wiki link like

Origen in ECF [[First Principles 3.1 >> logosres:anf04;ref=Origen.De_princ._3.1]]

then there isn't anything you can do. It is a long standing issue.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 154
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 3:05 PM

OK, thank you very much. In fact it is a link like the one you are posting, Dave. Is there any other way to link to an existing resource, perhaps?

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 3:39 PM

You would have used an L4 link from the resource menu. The WIKI link is the other alternative, but it has the same issue.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 154
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 3:51 PM

The link you posted before has the format of my own link. And it is a L4 link. A wiki link seems to be something like https://ref.ly/logosres/... .

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 10:15 PM

Correct. It's another resource link (logosres), but it functions exactly the same way from any document/tool within the Logos app. Externally, it allows apps to open resources in Logos, but it requires an Internet connection.See https://wiki.logos.com/Hyperlinks for more details.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 8012
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:

Origen in ECF [[First Principles 3.1 >> logosres:anf04;ref=Origen.De_princ._3.1]]

What happens if you change the PBB source from [[First Principles 3.1 >> logosres:anf04;ref=Origen.De_princ._3.1]] to [[First Principles 3.1 >> logosref:Origen.De_princ._3.1]]? Does that stop the double preview?

The latter is the "right" syntax to generate a reference link (not a resource link), which is most likely what you want here. Unfortunately, Logos doesn't have any command to automatically generate it for you. You'd have to search-and-replace "res:anf04;ref=" with "ref:".

Posts 154
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 3:58 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Dave Hooton:

What happens if you change the PBB source from [[First Principles 3.1 >> logosres:anf04;ref=Origen.De_princ._3.1]] to [[First Principles 3.1 >> logosref:Origen.De_princ._3.1]]? Does that stop the double preview?

The latter is the "right" syntax to generate a reference link (not a resource link), which is most likely what you want here. Unfortunately, Logos doesn't have any command to automatically generate it for you. You'd have to search-and-replace "res:anf04;ref=" with "ref:".

Oh, yes, it works!!! Thank you very much, Bradley!!!

By the way, what is the conceptual difference between a reference link and a resource link?

Once again, thanks!!

Posts 2083
LogosEmployee

Manuel Maria:
By the way, what is the conceptual difference between a reference link and a resource link?

A resource link takes you to a specific resource.

A reference link takes you to your highest prioritized resource that has a milestone for that reference.

Posts 154
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 5:20 AM

Thank you Andrew!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS