CP: Classic Commentaries and Studies on Job

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2086
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 21 2019 12:17 AM

Last chance for bidding. CP closes March 1.

https://www.logos.com/product/50062/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-job-upgrade

Current price is at $45 for 17 resources. $40 looks achievable, maybe less.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 755
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 3:45 AM

Some folks must have opted out because when I got the email warning, it WAS at $40.

Posts 519
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 5:16 AM

Lew Worthington:

Some folks must have opted out because when I got the email warning, it WAS at $40.

Same here - would prefer $40 - so if you haven't yet, why not check it out!

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 8723
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 5:28 AM

Lew Worthington:

Yes, that is disappointing. What about a number of us lowering our bids to $40 which could up that bid?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9698
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 6:53 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Lew Worthington:

Yes, that is disappointing. What about a number of us lowering our bids to $40 which could up that bid?

It wouldn't. All your higher bids are bids for $40 as well and are already included in the count. What could be achieved is to make $40 the highest point on the curve, but still it would not move and stay below the treshold line, unless people up their bids to $40 or new bidders come along and bid $40 or more (such as the going price), both of which will help in making $40 the closing price. 

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2086
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 7:44 AM

NB.Mick:
It wouldn't. All your higher bids are bids for $40 as well and are already included in the count. What could be achieved is to make $40 the highest point on the curve, but still it would not move and stay below the treshold line, unless people up their bids to $40 or new bidders come along and bid $40 or more (such as the going price), both of which will help in making $40 the closing price. 

Are you sure that's true?

If $40 becomes the highest point, even below the threshold, wouldn't that mean the closing price is lowered to $40?

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 9698
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 8:51 AM

Jan Krohn:

NB.Mick:

I'm sure that's true - everything I wrote including the "it wouldn't", meaning people lowering their bids would not raise the $40 price point.  

Jan Krohn:
If $40 becomes the highest point, even below the threshold, wouldn't that mean the closing price is lowered to $40?

I didn't write anything about that. Actually I thought about writing and decided against. My take on that:

- if people lower their bid to $40 it might be that the volume (i.e. bids times number of bidders) at $40 becomes larger than the volume at $45 which makes $40 the new "going price" = highest point on the curve - even if it is below the threshold. We might see this.

- I don't know for sure if it is making $40 the closing price. I think I've seen cases where Faithlife put those things back into CP and we all got more time - after all, the idea is to reach the 100% necessary for production. Some may even have been taken off CP in such a situation (i.e. we all lose). In some cases they let it run through below the line, e.g. when the books were part of a Base Package or such (i.e. Faithlife promised to produce them no matter what, and just wants to get over it). Closing below 100% is not what CP is about and I'm not sure there's a consistent handling of it that I could be sure of Wink 

- lowering the price below the going price in order to change it always has the risk of losing out on the CP. People ho do this would need to check their bids and the closing price before the CP runs out.  

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 666
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 8:52 AM

It means that the 'potential' closing price changes - all is changeable until the dust settles.

Shalom

Posts 2086
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:26 AM

It went under the threshold anyway. The $45 mark is currently at 99.40944881889764%.

Posts 125
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 1:13 PM

Thank you for bring this CP collection on the book of Job to my attention. I had missed this one. Carefully considering the volumes included, I find very worthwhile to have. I just placed my $45 bid.

Posts 8723
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 4:39 PM

NB.Mick:

Jan Krohn:

NB.Mick:

I'm sure that's true - everything I wrote including the "it wouldn't", meaning people lowering their bids would not raise the $40 price point.  

My reasoning is that I don't mind waiting for more $40 bids. We will see what happens.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 603
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:05 AM

There is another classic commentary on Job in this Community Pricing collection - Spurgeon wasn't able to procure it, but he says: 'It is certain to be good, for Durham is always admirable.'

Posts 141
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 12:54 PM

FaithLife - Can we get the price increments for this reduced to $2 per tier?

Posts 2086
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 4:38 PM

It just dropped to $35, and we have two more days to reach the $30 mark.

@FL can we get the $25 increment?

(Maybe that is mildly ambitious, but at least we could try…)

Posts 8723
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 4:59 PM

Jan Krohn:
It just dropped to $35, and we have two more days to reach the $30 mark.

There still is time. Do you have any more bidders?

Posts 1991
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 11:35 PM

Me.

Posts 2086
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 12:06 PM

Dropped to $30.

@FL: Can we please have the $25 increment last minute? Big Smile

Posts 8723
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 3:11 PM

Jan Krohn:
Dropped to $30.

Yes

Jan Krohn:

I think that would be a long shot but one never knows.

Posts 850
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 3:46 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Jan Krohn:

I think that would be a long shot but one never knows.

Done!

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 2086
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 4:04 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Done!

😍

The gap is a bit larger than I had expected though.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS